I'd love to play ESF more but...

Best answers
I enjoy playign ESF from time to time, but when i do play, I often find that tehre is a strong lack of good servers. Most of the ones i see are all passworded, or have so many people playing that it's not really fun and it lags like hell.

I'd host my own server if i could but alas, im on a router. Most of the time, the only good servers i find to play on are small 4-6 player servers that individuals startup themselves, So they are by no means constant.

anyone know good servers to play on?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
it always depends on where you live ... :p

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
it always depends on where you live ... :p
not much for me, i have cable on east coast usa and i get pretty decent pings even on servers based in the UK.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but how mutch kb/s, i have over 2300kb/s and you?

Best answers
I know, i face the same problem.

Almost no servers to play on and when i find one it crashes after after 10 min or so.

Also a problem is that everything above 50 ping affects me to much and i hate it. :S

Leaves me with 1 or 2 server that most of the time crash.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
my average ping is about 70-80 at the momen ... only two or 3 servers to play in :( ... gotta get a connection upgrade soon so i have much lower pings... even though if there are not that much servers online :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know where exactly the server is located, but for europeans, theres a new server called ESF @ Nice which holds 17 player max, and the pings are low. For americans, Mr Satans server is nice, i usually get pretty high pings when i play on an overseas server, but my ping was pretty decent for UK to USA server. Also theres Vossey, Clan Onix.de, Stella's server and harSens' server which all offer nice pings and stuff for europeans, For americans, theres tons of servers out three from you to choose from, most of which will probably also give a decent ping rate.

Best answers
Ness said:
I dont know where exactly the server is located, but for europeans, theres a new server called ESF @ Nice which holds 17 player max, and the pings are low. For americans, Mr Satans server is nice, i usually get pretty high pings when i play on an overseas server, but my ping was pretty decent for UK to USA server. Also theres Vossey, Clan Onix.de, Stella's server and harSens' server which all offer nice pings and stuff for europeans, For americans, theres tons of servers out three from you to choose from, most of which will probably also give a decent ping rate.

Vossey crashes every 10 min and restarts.
Stella's crashes every 10 min and restarts.
Onix.de is crashed or bugged either way you cant play on it last time i checked.
HarSens is beams only, cause hes trying to figure out if it has something to do with crashing. Obvious its not because there are some servers that dont crash.

ESF @ Nice the admin of that server should be asked what his secret is, cause i played there for 2 hours and saw people in it for 5+ hours.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also... Mr.Satan's server never seems to crash either... Quite odd.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rf server seems to never crash also. I was just in there for maybe 2 hours or so without it crashing once.

Best answers
niobe said:
but how mutch kb/s, i have over 2300kb/s and you?
about 2500 last time i checked.

and ive tried Mr. Satan, it's ok, the 8 player max is good i like my servers small. but i keep having to download an insane amount of stuff before i play, and that annoys the hell outta me.

Best answers
well... i have a deticated server if you are interested... The servers name is
The Kamikaze Komunity. Its on all the time... we only allow 7 people in the server at a time... Its great fun... So go ahead and come in :D

I.P is 68.67.200.23:33966

Best answers
Canadianwolfboy said:
well... i have a deticated server if you are interested... The servers name is
The Kamikaze Komunity. Its on all the time... we only allow 7 people in the server at a time... Its great fun... So go ahead and come in :D

I.P is 68.67.200.23:33966
SWEET. I'll drop in if i can tear myself away from NS. :laff:

Best answers
great.... the server is always on and most always has about 6 or 7 players in it. 7 is the max.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shogi said:
I'd host my own server if i could but alas, im on a router.
This doesn't restrict you from hosting a server. You just have to configure your router to allow traffic through the ports Steam uses.
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915505,27362300,1050915705,97731900

Most routers also come with a feature called Demilitarized Zone (mine does, and it's a cheapie) which lets you allow one computer on your LAN to bypass the router's filters and have full exposure to the Internet. Use that as a last resort if your router supports it.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
This doesn't restrict you from hosting a server. You just have to configure your router to allow traffic through the ports Steam uses.
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915505,27362300,1050915705,97731900

Most routers also come with a feature called Demilitarized Zone (mine does, and it's a cheapie) which lets you allow one computer on your LAN to bypass the router's filters and have full exposure to the Internet. Use that as a last resort if your router supports it.

If i had acess to my router settins id nuke the firewall to hell (not really) nut my dad is a nazi and doesnt trust anyone with admin status but himself. so, im kinda stuck.

Best answers
look kid, just type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar and the password is admin, there is no username. then go in there and figure it out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Draylock1 said:
look kid, just type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar and the password is admin, there is no username. then go in there and figure it out.
It's possible to set a password, and I wouldn't encourage him to do anything the owner of the router doesn't want him to do. I assumed that was him, but it looks like I was wrong.
Not to mention that you reversed the password and username fields, and the fact that that method isn't always guaranteed to work.

If you can't host your own server, then you'll have to continue with trying your luck on finding others.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, the password is admin, the username is blank, that's correct, but no you shouldn't mess with your dad's router settings. If you **** them up and he can't remember what was supposed to be in there, nobody gets internet until it's fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom