I need some help, guys.

Best answers
My friend and I were trying to get a personal server going for a little one on one, but we can't seem to get the server to work. Every time we get a server running, we'd try to get the other person to join our sever. The first problem we encountered was that our created servers were invisible to the other person in the find server list, so we gave each other the ip adresses so that we could manually search for the server. Well we can find each other's server now, but we can't join because we always get a message that says something about LAN, and only being limited to local clients or something of that sort. If anyone has any clue as to what is going on, I could really use some help from somebody. If you've got any answers, email me at [email protected], thanks.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you making it in the internet game menu or in the lan game menu?

Best answers
could also be that your behide a firewall

sometimes that will mess it up

but yer Hsu is propally right

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you're creating an internet server, be sure that you open the server with "internet games" and not "lan games" (already said by Hsu)

this should "fix" all ... then the server should be shown in programs like all seeing eye and gametiger ...

to make it manually: (I never tested it ... but I think valve was smart enough to give it a function)
1. be sure that you aren't HL running with a parametre called -nomaster ... but I don't think it's inside, because you friend can create a connection
2. if the game is running, type sv_lan 0 ... then you allow every internet client (and lan client) to join your server ... if you set it back to sv_lan 1 only lan players are allowed to join (I wouldn't recommend to use this command after your friend connected ... I dunno what will happen then)

I hope I could help ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom