I need help plz read

Best answers
i putted some stuff in autoexec so it woudnt lagg now i am wondering if i could change the config theres some stuff like autoexec but not really same i am asking could i change like a exmpel like the con_color in atuoexec maybe is 6 and config 1 could i change it to 6 as autoexec?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am sorry, I really don't understand what you are trying to ask. I think you're trying to ask whether you can use the same CVAR with different values in the autoexec.cfg and config.cfg files.

I think the Autoexec files will have preference here because when you create a game/join one, that is excecuted and whatever value your con_color had in config.cfg will be over-rided with the autoexec.cfg value.

I'll PM MrSatan to confirm this.

Best answers
well its kinda my fps is low and my friend gave some cvars or what ever it calld and then in sometime i worked but the config is like fighting it my fps isnt 120 its 72 couse config gots the controll not autoexec

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright speak english please...well I think I understand what your saying. Do you wanna know the cvar to change your max FPS from 72 to 120? fps_max 120

Also, download my script pack, it comes with good lag reduction and FPS increasing scripts. Click the link in my sig.

Best answers
well sry i dont get i could download your script pack so t will be faster?

Best answers
oh hey i know how to change the fps but i wanna know why my fps is going toto 30 or 15 its wierd my comp is even very fast

Best answers
Edit the first post.

I kind of have trouble understanding you.. but basically this version of ESF has some problems with FPS, it's not something to do with your comp (unless it's like P2 233mhz). Try Mr.Satan's script and get back to us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:S Use the edit
button instead of double posting next time.

Just because you have a fast computer doesn't mean you will get great FPS all the time. FPS is also dependent on the map you're on. Alot of maps aren't tweaked for good r_speeds (Sadly including the default maps) and when a map has bad r_speeds (1000+) your FPS suffers.

Best answers
For those of you who don't know what R_speeds are.. basically R_speeds are a set of numbers HL will give you that tells you how many polygons the engine is drawing at any given time. When alot of polygons are being drawn (a large detailed area for example) then the game will slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom