I keep locking up in game

Best answers
While playing ESF, I keep locking up. I don't get kicked out of the game, I don't get any errors. I just lock up, as in... stop moving completely. The only way to get out is to do a CTRL + ALT + DEL

I can play for about ten minutes, and from there, it goes all to hell. I don't understand why. At first when I played it on steam, I couldn't even get in because of the client.dll error. But I got that fixed. Now im able to get in and play fully.

Now this happens. It happens to me even without playing through steam. So what the hell?

Heres the spec. on my system. I built this PC:

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64 MB
512MB RAM (Usually has 300+ MB available)
40GB HDD (Currently, there is 8.87GB used, 28.4GB Available)
1.54 GHz Celeron Processor
Im running on OpenGL

My CPU is hardly ever being used, so I don't know why the hell it does this. Its only in ESF that I have this bad of problems. In other versions of ESF, I had no problems, but now all of a sudden, I can't do a damn thing. This is really annoying, and not fun. If you can understand my frustration... If you have any idea why this is happening, please, I beg of you... HELP!!! :cry:

Thanks..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Check to make sure you aren't running any cpu hogging programs in the background. Also check your page file usage. Take some programs out of the startup, and restart your pc. Try this. If it doesn't work, let me know. I'll try and think of some other things that could fix this. I understand your frustration completely.

Always glad to help.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
There are other ways of solving this. For one, try different video modes. I found out on some Geforce cards they have to run in Direct3D mode in order to operate correctly. Try SSJ2_Son_Gohan's ideas first, if they don't work, try switching video modes.

Best answers
I tried switching video modes, my page file usage is barely ever being used.

Its still happening. Im starting to lose hope.

Best answers
mine freezes as well not sure why every other steam mod works fine

Best answers
i am useing my laptop .. 2.6ghz so it should run.. my laptops top of the range also.... and yet my game crashes when i use the moves or fight the bots.... it takes longer to crazy on internet than on lan.. i run nothing in the background all i run is the program im useing... yet it still crashes and know wot i should do

Best answers
I am STILL having this problem, and have yet to see any good options. Anyone have anything?!?!? At all???

This just sucks ass. :no:

Best answers
I dunno, this probably wont do anything, but try to reinstall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom