i dont think wons goin down any time soon

Best answers
steam dosent even hav a quarter of the hl comutity and the content servers r overloading o_O its frezzen and crashen for everyone and goin 2k/sec for 350 mbs files.

point of this thread = valve would be morans to close won cause steam wil overload with al te new ppls comen in.

Best answers
yeay ^_^ glad to hear thats happening and yea they actually would just be shootin themselves

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hopefully they will fix the problem, i tried playing counter strike 1.6 awhile back and it would even let me make my own server without crashing, not alot of people have been happy

Discord Member
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
steam dosent even hav a quarter of the hl comutity and the content servers r overloading o_O its frezzen and crashen for everyone and goin 2k/sec for 350 mbs files.

point of this thread = valve would be morans to close won cause steam wil overload with al te new ppls comen in.
Barney's you sometimes have valid points, but its very hard to take your seriously when you have every other word misspelled. IM coming to a point where IM just starting to skip over your posts just because they are painful to read, and IM afraid osmosis will kick in.
Now IM not sure if you're misspelling words on purpose or not (if not I weep for our education system), but if you aren't please please use spell check.
If you make your posts look better IM sure I, and other people will take your posts more seriously.
Now if you don't care IM not going to loose sleep over it. IM just letting you know in case you do.

-Bombg

Best answers
Won is still going too close after 3 weeks bud.
And steam is working on these problems.
These problems are mainly caused by the people that are UPDATING (means downloading updates) from the steam server.
You will notice that problems will slowly go away in a few days

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bombg said:
Barney's you sometimes have valid points, but its very hard to take your seriously when you have every other word misspelled. IM coming to a point where IM just starting to skip over your posts just because they are painful to read, and IM afraid osmosis will kick in.
Now IM not sure if you're misspelling words on purpose or not (if not I weep for our education system), but if you aren't please please use spell check.
If you make your posts look better IM sure I, and other people will take your posts more seriously.
Now if you don't care IM not going to loose sleep over it. IM just letting you know in case you do.

-Bombg
go easy on him man, he probably can't speak/type very good english, and im sure hes as serious as he would be if he could spell. Just take the time to make out what he is saying, its not hard, and incorrect spelling doesnt effect the amount of importance in the post, or at least not in this one.

Anyway, last time i tried steam, there were very few server for counter-strike 1.6 compared to the amount on won. They would be very foolish indeed to move to Steam, unless of course they manage to fix the problem. :smile:

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
People on this forum seem to forget that not all of us are english.(Like me ;D )

Ontopic: Won will probably stay longer cause of the problems that steam cause.

I personally think that steam is a really bad thing -_-" they could just kept won going instead of some stupid program that doesn`t work right. ;(

Best answers
Soo far steam is preety annoying ... it crashes HL when it feels like it and updating takes years ... ;)

and HL choulda run on a 200 mhz 32 ram comp ... now with steam u need 400 min 64 ram (the steam beta needed 1000mhz LOL thats sad) FFS ... I cant complain bout this cuz I have 1800 mhz but what about ppl that cant run steam ... and also 56kers are gonna loose a few FPS with it ... ok .. Im done ranting :O

Best answers
u ppls r pikey bout speling but fine ill respel it rite :(

Steam dosen't even have half of the half-life population right now, and it's servers are already overloading which leads to 2k/sec download speeds. If valve close won down there would be a huge flood of people tryen to play on steam which= steam getting shutdown. valve need about 3-5 (or more servers) to support the massive wave of people coming if they shut won down.

ow my hed that sent a preshious ten min of my life dont eveer led me to do that again ;( ;( ;( :cry:

Best answers
Is there any official word that wonid is closing down though? Untill there is, there's nothing to believe.
Steam is basically for people to download hafllife games/updates and find servers , and if people want to use steam it will cost money.
If steam does have to be used instead of wonid , they will have to take out the charge for those who only use it for finding servers.

Best answers
won not wonid :eek:
Steam Replaces WON
MikeJ @ 12:45 pm pdt - half-life, hl2 & tf2 - 121 comments - hot topic
Remember that Steam thread Erik Johnson posted a couple days ago? Well rest assured we weren't the only ones who overlooked the most important part of it. Planet Half-Life takes note that not only is the Steam beta coming to an end, the entire Half-Life user base is going to be converted over to Steam as well. The WON authentication method currently used will be replaced by Steam and you will need a valid VALVe product key, such as a Half-Life CD key or a Counter-Strike Retail CD key, to access games via Steam. Here are the most important bits of info Erik posted in the thread:
When we convert the user base to Steam, a single WonID will be valid for all of the products.

If you have purchased a product from us at retail, you're going to have access to all of our products via Steam.

No, you do not have to pay for Steam.
Planet Half-Life also went ahead and confirmed with Erik that you will need Steam to play the latest version of Half-Life and, subsequently, Counter-Strike.

Last but not least the single most important piece of information you need to know:
This would be a good opportunity to grab a really low SteamID number, as it will be the one you'll be assigned forever. They will be handed out in sequential order.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Bombg said:
-Bombg

Heh, funny you are the one criticising spelling, wow, I guess you can never loose can you?

Anyways, chances are steam will screw everyone over and replace WON -_- I sure as hell hate it -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, if WON is seriously going down, it's going to stay down, they aren't going to abandon Steam after working on it for so long, at least not this quick.

Discord Member
Best answers
Magus said:
Heh, funny you are the one criticising spelling, wow, I guess you can never loose can you?

Anyways, chances are steam will screw everyone over and replace WON -_- I sure as hell hate it -_-

The difference is I have one word with a typo, and he has 70% of his words with misspellings. Now if English isn't his native language then I can fully understand. That's nothing a little spell checker cant fix, and will probably teach him a little in the process. To be honest I usually don't care about these type of things, but in this instance it was just so bad I had to say something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we can only hope and pray won doesnt go anywhere soon..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed Hibiki, I haven't tried the latest version of Steam, but i don't trust that it's fixed all of it's bugs. Won was fine as it is, I think this change is unnecessary.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom