I dont know whats wrong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know whats wrong with me.. did I always suck this much? I mean the **** I used to make I actually thought looked cool but now when I look at all the stuff I do I see it so wrong...

I spent so much time doing random **** on this piece... I kept trying to make it look nice in my eyes but I still see something very wrong with this, maybe the stock.. I dont really know anymore... Its frustrating

Best answers
Whats up with everybody using pixiedust all of a sudden? Well anyways, it has potential, but the bg is really plain and really dark. Try to bring it out more.

Retired
Best answers
too much open space, maybe add some effect to the bg like a nice light blur and some sotkc faded into the bg to make it look neat. then work on the text.. add some stuff around it in smaller text

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That 2 should look familiar :p Only reason I did it is because I thought it would makes sense seeing as its the 2nd version

Ok so I made it smaller to fix the "open space" LS was talking about it, added the "Mystix" text and fixed up the blended Vash pic a bit

Still looks odd to me

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystix said:

That 2 should look familiar :p Only reason I did it is because I thought it would makes sense seeing as its the 2nd version

Ok so I made it smaller to fix the "open space" LS was talking about it, added the "Mystix" text and fixed up the blended Vash pic a bit

Still looks odd to me
I think the opacity of the "shadow vash" is too low, try playing around with it a bit, but it could be just me.

Retired
Best answers
text looks pimp now.. i would add in the same text maybe at the bottom of Fall add "Vash .12" see if that looks good but place it so the end of the font matches the last L in the FaLL

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, thats very nice work, how can u say sumthings wrong with you? i love all your stuff *looks at desktop of Dr. Doom*, anyways i think ur just ur bein artistic, most artists hate their own work.

Anyways, I like this one, i like the colour used its not sumthin i would expect with vash, but it works well, It looks much better smaller too and the text looks great :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yah, your work is awsome. Maybe this one is just unfinished. I think it could maybe use some more stuff in it.

Best answers
Mystix, I think your just trying to finish to fast, slow down and finish or see whats wrong until you feel right about it. Unless you couldnt and just got stuck, but take your time.

To me you dont take your time but now the sig looks alot better sense you reposted it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I spent some time on this piece.. yea, I do get stuck a lot... and when I do I really dont know what to do, but I try whatever pops into my mind because im so desperate to make it look right but nothing ever works, so im stuck with something I want to make better but cant pull it off

Best answers
Well sense I havnt yet to find time to learn to use Photoshop, ect. I really dunno what can help you, but what I would do is just try what my mind is telling me. Art isnt created in a simple hour, takes a hell of alot longer. you may not look at it as art but I know you want it to at least look good so just take time with them, leave and come back to them... thats all I got.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the advice, I might just use it

IsrAlien said:
Whats up with everybody using pixiedust all of a sudden? Well anyways, it has potential, but the bg is really plain and really dark. Try to bring it out more.
Its not pixie dust.. and it MIGHT look plain to you.. but my psd doesnt :laff:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystix said:
I spent some time on this piece.. yea, I do get stuck a lot... and when I do I really dont know what to do, but I try whatever pops into my mind because im so desperate to make it look right but nothing ever works, so im stuck with something I want to make better but cant pull it off

I have exactly the same problem with everything i draw, or paint or make photoshop, its actually a good sign, it means that ur criting your own work as you do it, which is good if your an artist, and soon u wont be making those mistakes cuz u'll learn not to, look at it as a plus not a negative. Trust me, if ur looking at ur work and say "gee, arent i the best mofo on the planet" it means u arent learning anything from the mistakes in ur work or the good parts, because no peice of art/sig or watever is perfect, there are always flaws and things you could do better.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really digging this one. The color you chose is very serene and so different from the obvious Vash color choice (red). But you make it work really well. And the text is gorgeous.

Bravo

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is nice mystix, your typography really stands out

Best answers
I don't see anything much wrong with it, maybe it has to much empty space, dunno.
It looks very nice to meh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe try making the bg a little more livelier (sp?) by upping the saturation? It looks kinda dull and swampy right now, the color that is.

PS

NAZ!? Long time no see man, what's up? :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
Maybe try making the bg a little more livelier (sp?) by upping the saturation? It looks kinda dull and swampy right now, the color that is.

No, I think that would ruin the Nightfall theme it has, making it bright would look awkward. I like it, but the bg could use some outerglow brushes that give it some texture. Hell, some trendish pixie dust would truly give it the nightfall effect.

7/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's hard to explain what I mean. I don't mean brighter, just more...crap how do I explain. A 'stronger' shade of the colours he used. o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom