I do not own Half-Life. Is there anyway I can still play?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately no. You will need a valid copy of Half-Life that has been activated in Steam to play. The mod requires the actual Half-Life engine to run, even if the graphics have far surpassed what is possible by GoldSrc Engine.

There is no other way.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Not in any legal way no, the game doesn't require more than Half-Life 1 on Steam to play as Z Power explained.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
โšกSลซpฤ Regula-jin
Best answers
And cry of fear something also needs wiencej than half life??. Because I don't understand what is needed for launching the game apart from half - life?.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
eRobo fear not there's still hope for you because there are ways you can buy half life ,without credit cards or something that you need to give your personal info.

Go to steam store and check if valve supports paysafe cards from your country. Thats how I bought half life for 3 bucks!!!

I wish you good luck brother.

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe we should do a HL1 compo, pass out 5 or so copies of HL1. :p

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You can buy Steam games through unverified PayPal.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
As other have said already, there are ways to do it, but you wont get help on this forum telling you how, and if you so happen to have an issue with the game after it's released, no one here will help you fix it unless you have a validated copy of HL. You can use PayPal to buy games off steam, you can even go out and buy a visa gift card with $10 on it (or whatever your countries form of currency is) and use that to purchase through steam.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
As other have said already, there are ways to do it, but you wont get help on this forum telling you how, and if you so happen to have an issue with the game after it's released, no one here will help you fix it unless you have a validated copy of HL. You can use PayPal to buy games off steam, you can even go out and buy a visa gift card with $10 on it (or whatever your countries form of currency is) and use that to purchase through steam.
You forgot paysafe. Its easy and safe.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
That was already suggested, saw no need to repost it :)

EDIT

Didn't see Hlev's post about paypal, hence why I suggested that one.

Last edited:
Best answers
Title. Sorry if this doesn't belong here.
Not to be rude amigo, But the game only costs like 10 dollars.
If you want some good constructive advice, Hold off for like Mid july, I do believe Steam is gonna be having the yearly "Summer sale", so you could possibley get HL1 for like... 2 dollars.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
To be fair to the non-Steam guys, a lot of countries don't have any decent methods of getting games in addition to them not having much money they can't find a way to spend it.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
yea most steam games are dirt cheap compared to what u get in most outlets. so buy the game already so they can help u

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom