I charge kamehameha... I shoot a dragonball??

Best answers
It may be a CTDB bug, or it might be related to somthing else... But here's what happened:

I played a simple game of ctdb in esf_cell_night, fought for awhile, then left. I went to advanced, changed the gametype to teammode, loaded up esf_kami... I would charge up an attack, and when I shot it, an orange blip, on my radar flashed away from my position..... Naturally, my first thought was "what the hell?!".... It was kinda cool, since it registered all attacks, and the blips changed size depending on power level (a burning attack was small, a kamehameha HUGE).

If that's suppost to happen... More power to ya. If it's a bug, make it not a bug.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I don't believe a single word you're saying :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me too its kinda a stupid story, :S he is just trying to get some posts i think:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get some evidence behind this story, you had to have taken some screenshots of this. If you post one, your post will be taken seriously, untill then, no one will believe you.
-UltraPerfectCel

Best answers
meh, easy on the guy.

do you have any screenshots?

Best answers
No, I don't really. It was quite awhile ago, actually. I only just recently remembered it when playing a game of ctdb the other day.

me too its kinda a stupid story, he is just trying to get some posts i think
Speaking of dragonballs, what happened? Did you get a namek one stuck up your ass? No, I don't give a damn about my post count. And you people seem to be acting like I'm saying the dragonball models are coming out of my hands.. I'm not. Some orange blips are just leaving the black blip, or coming at the black blip, and then dissappeared when the blast exploded.

I don't know WHY it happened, I don't know HOW to get it to happen again, or if it was somthing I did during the game, it may have even been back in beta 1.0 since it was so long ago, but none of you aint got no right to jump down my throat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've never seen that glitch yet, but i agree that they shouldn't have posted what they said. If you don't beleive him, then don't but you don't have to publicly announce it. :p

Best answers
the problem is not that they don't belive him. it is that they Insult him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just DOUBTING that he's actually reporting a REAL bug. Actually, I haven't seen anyone insult him in this thread.

I've coded stuff before, also in the HL engine, and I can't see how harSens' code could have been so messed up that for example Kame wave beamheads look like dragonballs on the scouter. Especially when you say that the blip size depends on the strength of the attack.

Best answers
I don't see why not. Attacks get stronger along with the person. I could be wrong about that anyways, but it seems like I remember noticing that my burning attack blip wasn't as big as generic beam's blip, or generic beam's blip as big as masenko, or masenko's as big as kamehameha's.

Best answers
dude, i didn't mean you.
i only said "they" cuz i didn't want to specify, but my bad; generalizing is just as bad .... :S

maybe someone should close this or something .. turning to a fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
I don't see why not. Attacks get stronger along with the person. I could be wrong about that anyways, but it seems like I remember noticing that my burning attack blip wasn't as big as generic beam's blip, or generic beam's blip as big as masenko, or masenko's as big as kamehameha's.
I mean when looking at it code-wise. I just can't imagine the code doing that.

And this thread isn't turning into a fight... what is your idea of a fight? o_O

Best answers
Hmm, the ESF code did weird things in beta 1, but i haven't seen much but crashing bugs in this version, so i'm also doubting the story. If you look at it codewise, it's certainly impossible, i never heard off a scouter bug, exept with the sprite....

Best answers
It might be possible for a beam to take over the entity-slot of a dragonball that got thrown out of the map, or in some other way deleted without the client getting noticed of that. Then the scouter would show that beam as a dragonball. I shouldn't be possible to show different sizes for the dragonball dots on the scouter however.

Best answers
Well that was somthing rather small... I may not be remembering it correctly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guys, he's right, lol

it happened to me on ESF guru, i was pwning some sorry ass and suddenly i saw a dragonball on the radar coming my direction, i turned, to get a fat kame in my face, i then respawned, and every time i show a beam, the dragonball blip followed it, confuzzled me at first, but i just restarted and it was gone. the dragonball blip size didnt change though... serves you for not believing him...

Best answers
Yay!! Somebody believes me!!!! You guys believe me now, or are you gonna say I pushed Shijing into it?

Anyways... So I was wrong about the blips increasing in size, I just seem to remember some of them were larger than others. I knew there was a chance that it didn't happen, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Thanks, Shijing :)

Best answers
It happned to me to once, in a all beams ctdb server. it wasnt dedicated or linux or anthin like that. when i fired a beam the little orange dot would follow my beam, but it only worked sum times, so i used it to my advatage to own the server :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that makes half of it true :)

And we still need to see some proof :p

:laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uum... how in gods name could you take a pic?

like, all you'll get is a beam and a yellow dot on the radar, barly evidence, you'll just have to believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom