I can't run ESF

Best answers
I have a big problem, I don't know if this was asked before though. Well, you see I downloaded ESF from the site recommendations and they are indeed fine. However, I think I have a problem with Steam and am not aware of how to use it for ESF. What I need to know is:

What specific folder do I put ESF into? I need the specific name because I think this may be the problem.

Next, I don't know how to run Steam inorder to activate ESF. When I installed ESF and the icon and everything it asks to run ESF is this supposed to happen? Or is it because I have out it in a wrong spot? Basically what is everything you need to run ESF?

I have:

Half Life
ESF installer
Steam

Do I need more?

Also, how do I know if I'm a WOP or Steam user?

Thanks

-Dangerous Risks

Best answers
WON and Steam are two completly different systems. Steam has a GUI, which looks like this:

WON is the regular HL, that you get when installing normal Half Life. WON is no longer supported. What you can do is uninstall Half Life, because Steam will download Half Life automatically if you have a CD Key, after you do that then you register an account with Steam, then install ESF to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\your-email\Half-Life (which is usually set by default)

When your all finished find ESF by clicking Play Games.

Best answers
Hi guys I have been following this here thread cause i have the a problem. I did everything said previously and when esf got into my steam games menu, it was under third party games. when i double clicked it to play, all that happened was i went to the page that shows you all the purchase optionz. I dont understand SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! O_O

Trunks-ssj25

Best answers
Tassadar said:
WON and Steam are two completly different systems. Steam has a GUI, which looks like this:

WON is the regular HL, that you get when installing normal Half Life. WON is no longer supported. What you can do is uninstall Half Life, because Steam will download Half Life automatically if you have a CD Key, after you do that then you register an account with Steam, then install ESF to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\your-email\Half-Life (which is usually set by default)

When your all finished find ESF by clicking Play Games.

I think I have steam, not WON. How do I get ESF into the Steam GIU?

Installed it into the directory but ESF isn't in the play games list, does anybody know why?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should have installed to your steam/steamapps/youremail/halflife/ dir - check to see if it is there.

Best answers
What you need to do is make sure you have Half Life. You can download steam, but you still have to have Half Life. Make sure it is registered after you have made an account. Start up Steam, and click Browse Games on the main menu. You'll get this screen:

After that, click Register Product... and it will bring you to this screen:

After that, you enter you VALID CD KEY, because I DAMN SURE better not be doing this for a pirate with an illegit cd key, because it will NOT WORK on Steam. After that, you can double click Half Life to install, then you can play ESF.

Best answers
Ok, I also would like to know. I'm a big Bid For Power fan and I would like to know, in ESF you have bots correct? Now to practice just like you do n BFP can I make a room and add bots and try out all the characters and such? Or do I have to play online all the time?

Best answers
No, you can make a game, just put a password on it, and voila, it's private and you get a ping of 0. Not sure how you add bots, if I had to guess I'd say press = in game. Consult the manual if I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom