I can't join any server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I am using pacsteam but I cannot join any server of esf. It shows "steam validation rejected".

I can play online in counter strike on all the servers but esf won't work. Plz help me out.

(P.S. Plz don't give any lecture on using the original steam.)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ESF with Counter-Strike won't work. You need the original Half-Life. And what the heck is pacsteam? You need the original Steam as well.

EDIT:
After some quick 10 second googling, I found out that this "pacsteam" is illegal. Get the original steam at: http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi

As long you are not using official things, we'll be giving you lectures. That's how we roll.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hello nielsmillikan,

Is there a particular reason that you have chosen to pirate our games?

HL1 is currently only $9.99 USD and has been on sale many times for substantially less.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky PacSTEAM is a STEAM hack that as far as i know has no multiplayer support.

Besides wasnt all HL games like 50% off due to freeman winning that hero gamespot competition recently or has that passed allready?

In any case yea HL is cheap.

@tonjohn i didnt know we had any STEAM representatives on this forum ^^

And finally

@nielsmillikan Ofcourse youll get a lecture. We dont support piracy on this forum. You are either legit, asking how to be legit or not getting help here.

Best answers
well what am I supposed to do? Where I live, there are no half life 1 cds available. Only half life 2 or counterstrike source. And I don't have an internet bank accnt so I cant buy online. I am no fan of piracy but is there any choice?:(

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you can be a normal member of society that contributes to get things in return. There are no free rides. If youre going to break international law, dont do it for a video game of all things, especially a videogame which is less than $10.

Choice 1 : Get a job, and a bank account, and have money to participate and be able to get things.

Choice 2 : Accept the fact you have to live without certain things.

Best answers
first I am 17! Heck who gets a job at this age?

second 10$ for such an old game isn't that fair. But nevermind I'd rather move on to zeq2 for online gaming . They don't emphasize on using the original quake 3 :D.

Waiting for u guys to finish esf 1.3. Plz hurry up.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 will still require STEAM. Besides you can make a deal with someone who lives elswhere. You send him the cash and he buys it for you as a gift. Ofcourse youd have to trust that person.

Besides as said a few days ago everything HL related was 50% off and tehre was a time when HL was only 1$ due to a special action on STEAM.

As for the job thing. Lots of people get part time jobs even before 17.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
@tonjohn i didnt know we had any STEAM representatives on this forum ^^
We had for quite some time, but he's not the real deal poster though. When I asked him about PacSteam, it seems he searched for the post here on the forums to reply to the person who made the thread.

As for the job thing. Lots of people get part time jobs even before 17.
I even see people here working at the age of 14 to 15.

second 10$ for such an old game isn't that fair. But nevermind I'd rather move on to zeq2 for online gaming . They don't emphasize on using the original quake 3 .
Have fun, and mostly because that you don't really need the original quake 3 as it's a standalone game. This mod however, needs Half-Life in order to work.

You still need a valid copy of Half-Life through the official steam in order to play v1.3.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
first I am 17! Heck who gets a job at this age?

second 10$ for such an old game isn't that fair. But nevermind I'd rather move on to zeq2 for online gaming . They don't emphasize on using the original quake 3 :D.

dont you dare tell them to hurry up you have noo right and besides likes sky said you need Half-Life 1 And also STEAM to play v1.3:devsmile:

Best answers
People may work if they want even at the age of 5. But not for a game (lol).

Anywayz, I can still play esf 1.3 like esf 1.2.3 on lan. No need for real half life 1.
Though that idea of someone gifting me the game.. I didn't knw abt that. Thanks for d info I might ask my cousin to do that.

Also I am a fan and I have every right to ask them hurry up (not at the cost of development duh!).

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the more you ask the longer they will take

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anywayz, I can still play esf 1.3 like esf 1.2.3 on lan. No need for real half life 1.

Also I am a fan and I have every right to ask them hurry up (not at the cost of development duh!).
ESF 1.3 is designed to work with HL1 through STEAM legally. It's entirely possible that it won't work properly or at all without it. Even on LAN.

If you had already paid for ESF, you could tell the team to hurry up. That isn't the case, they're making ESF because they want to and at no cost. They could decide that they didn't feel like doing it anymore, tell the beta testers to get lost and laugh as they microwave a CD with the source code on it.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sky PacSTEAM is a STEAM hack that as far as i know has no multiplayer support.
PacSteam has to have multiplayer support since I used to play Gmod and Team Fortress 2 on it before my mom made a credit card.

Best answers
esf 1.3 may be designed to work through steam legally but there are people known as hackers. Some one out there will surely crack it for people like us :p

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just get a job you lazy ass bum and pay for things its not gonna hurt you to go out and buy ffs

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it matter.

Steam hacks are not supported here.

@nielsmillikan

What did you think. Games are comodities, same as a mobile phone or anything else. If you want to have comodities you need money and to get money you have to either beg your parents or do a job or 2. Heck making a deal with your neighbour that you mow his lawn for a small fee allso counts as work.
As for the hacks. We play by the same ballgame here as allways. No legit stuff no support.

Best answers
esf 1.3 may be designed to work through steam legally but there are people known as hackers. Some one out there will surely crack it for people like us :p
Wasn't there a rule stating that only people with legal and STEAM copies of Half Life are allowed on the forum?? I think I saw sumthin' like that....

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. However, it'd take both time and effort to hack something that isn't particularly mainstream. That's assuming somebody can be bothered to. It'd be much easier to purchase HL1 through STEAM, as well as quicker.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't there a rule stating that only people with legal and STEAM copies of Half Life are allowed on the forum?? I think I saw sumthin' like that....
The rule goes if you arnt legit or wanting to get legit then you get no support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom