"I Believe" - Florida's Christian License Plate

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hades is mentioned several times in the Bible. Don't forget that the cult of Christianity emerged during the Roman Empire's reign.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Separation of church and state. It's almost a joke in this country because of how religiously loaded so many "issues" are, but I support that separation VERY much. If someone wants a vanity license plate it should not be state sanctified. Ultimately though, I don't believe that the allowance or disallowance of this stupid license-plate thing is anything more than a trivial issue that will have no effect on anyone in America except for the nitpickers.

J-Dude, I can explain why people are often offended by your statements and by the similar statements of Christians in general on these forums. It is because you begin your arguments by placing yourself in a position above your audience: as being enlightened and correct. You then do this further, by condescending them and saying things like you "pity them," calling them "starving sheep," things like that. Of course, it is rather difficult for you NOT to place yourself somewhere in that position, when you earnestly believe that you are part of a chosen group of the "Ultimate Creator's," and that your peers here are lost souls damned to the black cauldron of Hades.

You believe that these people are very ignorant for believing what they do. Perhaps the many obnoxious debates that have raged across these forums have not enlightened you: these people also believe YOU are ignorant for YOUR beliefs, often with equal if not greater conviction, for a long gamut of reasons, and are insulted by your condescension. They know that in your mind, you believe you are trying to help, but they do not believe you are in an actual way trying to help, because believing your message would be as foolish to them as denying your faith would seem foolish to you. The many people who have likely argued with you about the validity of your religion, believe it or not J-Dude, were likely in their minds trying to help you. The truth is valued over delusion, and delusion is the equivalent of religious faith to a non-religious skeptic. They may see you as delusional, perhaps even mad. However, you of course do not view these people as helpers either, do you? To you they are the ignorant persecutors and sinners. It is unfortunate that sometimes they take to inflammatory speech but that is true of both sides, and an expected part of our beloved intorwebz.

Both sides believe that the other are ignorant sheep. Both sides, for their own reasons, are entrenched in their positions... and that is why we dislike religious debates here and have had policies against them for many years.
Hmm...I can appreciate that my friend. Yes, I see...it's a matter of cultural difference.

Well, know two things before you see fit to judge me then. Firstly, when I refer to people as sheep, I refer to everyone. Many times Biblically are our fellow man reffered to this way, and the lord, as the shepherd. It is not a means to offend.

Secondly, I do honestly only do as I do to save those here who I believe are in danger. Warnings of Hell and damnation are not threats, they ARE warnings. They are my caution to my fellow man who I see as travellers in the night, unknowingly walking toward a cliff to their own destruction. Indeed, I'm trying to HELP them. Some people here think I do so in order to be rewarded, or to get into heaven. While many Catholics believe and are told that good deeds get them into heaven, I am not so illusioned. I know that the only true requirement to enter God's kingdom is to truly and honestly believe and accept God, and his son Jesus as your lord and savior. No number of good or charitable deeds will count toward this. So you can see, there is nothing in it for me, other than the simple satisfaction that comes with helping your neighbor.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By that logic, I would be condemned to hell, but a murderer who truly believes in God will go to heaven. That doesn't sound like a just god, nor a god I want to believe in, thank you very much.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I don't need you to save me. I've made up my mind on what I believe to be true. I certainly don't view what you're doing as helping

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh huh. See, you went right back to the "unknowing" condescension thing. It isn't your place to convert anyone. You weren't annointed by God, Jesus or his brother Craig Christ . You found your path through your father. Fine. Other people aren't so uh..."fortunate". Allow everyone to find their own path. If they want help, they'll seek it. Coming here everyday to tell us that we're sheep who need to be shepherded doesn't exactly make us want to listen, nor does saying we're all going to smited for not believing in your god, who is but one of many in the realm of the gods. Whether he's Neo or not doesn't matter to me because I simply don't care.

There's a way to go about expressing your beliefs, and you're going about it all wrong.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If life was so simple that it could be understood from reading a book, then we would all be Buddha's by now, on our way to Heaven but not before making a pit-stop at Valhalla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom