I am so confused!

Best answers
I have a big problem i need help with. I just downloaded ESF (i got a new computer and havn't played HL or ESF in a long time) then i downloaded the newest patch for HL because it said i couldn't play maltiplayer with out it. Now when i try to join a game right when it is about to go to the playing my screen goes black and just closes the program and i can't start the program again untill i reboot my computer. This is bothering me so much and i would really appreciate your help. I'm completly stumped. Oh and i forgot to say, I've reinstalled ESF and the patch and neither of those work... :cry:

Best answers
i heard of crash, but normaly, you can play again without restarting your cpu ... well, be sure u have openGL or direct3D as video mode ... software make ur game crash a lot ...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, try toggling among those video modes and through stable resolutions to see what works best for you. Also make sure your gfx card drivers are updated.

Best answers
Hey thanks you guys it's working beter now! but GrOOvy do you know any good sites to update my gfx card driver? Do i need it i have the Dell XPS so do i even need too? :confused:

Thanks again!

Best answers
Just goto the Control Panals < System < Hardware < Device manager < Find your GFX card in the tables and double-click on it < Driver Tab < Update Driver Button . Hope that helps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's working then you might not want to mess wit hit. Don't fix whats not broken :p. You might end up messing it up.

Best answers
awwwww i can't seem to find my gfx card... i don't know what it is called so no wonder but thanks anyway Jaredster. and you may be right anyway Phatslugga so it may not be bad i didn't mess with it. Oh well it seems to be working a little beter with OpenGL :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you need to find it, another way is to:
Click Start

Click on Run

Type in "DxDiag"

A window should load up in a bit and there will be a bunch of tabs at the top of it.

Hit the Display tab( or video tab), it should load up all of your video info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom