Hypermode / Hyperspeed

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But the melee itself is allready made after 1.1s melee.

That's great. So you nearly have to copy the code and change it a little bit that it's like hypermode.

Not as hard to do chains but stil similar and harder than in 1.2.3

Your position is lead tester right? For me and for you it's impossible but I still believe that the ESF Coder can do this! I believe in this suggestion, because that's what I missed every time I've played every version. I can't imagine that it is that hard to realize and it's not such a big deal and I don't know what other users think but when I am the only one who want this it's not neaded but if there are others who also missed something like that, who like that I idea - why not added it? Told me one single reason why not which is also an believable one. "It's hard to do" is no reason, because everything is work but I guess that you guys would do also that this mod will be great. Sure it will and if it needs 2 more months it wouldn't be that bad. Don't you think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not a big deal. And i think we can use something like the effect itself for duel mode.

But im strictly against limiting the melee to simple melee only. Cause as said each melee type is made to flow well with the others and each has their own positive and negative points.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What's about having hypermode just like I said before only with the difference that it is exactly like melee without hypermode and it has a timelimit with a cooldown?

So you can real fight but have also the possibility to become invisible for your opponent if you're in trouble or if you want to suprise him at he moment he thinks that you do something else.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's about having hypermode just like I said before only with the difference that it is exactly like melee without hypermode and it has a timelimit with a cooldown?

So you can real fight but have also the possibility to become invisible for your opponent if you're in trouble or if you want to suprise him at he moment he thinks that you do something else.
Becoming invisible by doing a hypermode thing is abuseable. Besides you have teleport. You can confuse him enough with that.

If anything your idea of hypermode should be used for duels. Since we are putting a Jedi Knight style duel system. Meaning you can have a duel even in a full server.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's not just for fighting someone also for the spectators who watch the fight.

You have to look closely if you want to see them and still follow the fight. In that case it's also something for an eye. And I'm sure that players have more fun ingame. It's kind of a new, but similar, way to fight.

What do you have against it that I can understand why you don't like that idea. Just to say "You have teleport" is really boring, because every guy has beams and still they have another kind of ki-attack...

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sure, some stronger, some faster but these are all just small attributes. Nothing more. I guess the mainfact is still the same.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, some stronger, some faster but these are all just small attributes. Nothing more. I guess the mainfact is still the same.
Some turn faster, some turn slower, some are better at struggling beams than others. Some charge faster, some consume more KI. Some have homing, some dont take players PL into account, Burning attack in particular blinds.

Still this has nothing to do with hypermode. You wanted a mode with simple melee only that would be the same for everyone. Aside from that messing up the entire melee system it wouldnt really add much of a gameplay value and could be exploitable. Badly exploitable.

After i pointed that out you argued that the beams beeing just minor changes one from another when your initial idea was about soemthing that was the same for everyone.

I agre an effect would be cool. But i say stick that effect onto Duel mode instead of a secondary melee mode that adds absolutley nothing to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom