Hypermode / Hyperspeed

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Everybody knows it. Nearly in every DBZ-fighting-scene you can see what I‘m talking about.

Watch this youtube-video at 3:22min..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ay5ho8S6R8&feature=related[/ame]

(3:22) Yamcha starts to attack that green little guy and then both are gone.

(4:30) Gohan sees them, but not exactly - just "fast lines" and lightnings.

And that's the idea. The people who don't fight each other can't really see fighting people which moves in "hyperspeed" (call it how you want).

I knew that this is really really hard to create and I just have an idea which is not exactly the same as in the video but kind of.

Let's say you start swooping and while you swoop (maybe with this full power boost?) you press one key (at the moment it's not important which key that is) and then you'll become kind of invisible for other players who DON'T move in that degree of speed.

Everytime you change the way (turning left, right, go foward, backward) spectators (people ingame who don't move in hyperspeed) see some kind of that "fast lines" OR/AND maybe lightnings/flashes.

If hyperspeed is avaible then the ki should not gow down that fast as if you swoops in normal. Just to make the fight-scene (which I describe later) temporally longer.

"Fight-scene":
Advances Melee is unavaible. That's not going to work, except(!) the player who using adv. melee lost hp on his own (not much, but something).
--> this is just an idea to put adv. melee into hyperspeed

On the fact that adv. melee is unavaible or the players won't use it they can fight like in 1.1(I guess) and everytime the have a contact others see an effect like I describe above.
The players who flighing agains each other will be thrown away in another angle (like if you throw a ball at a wall and he's pushing away from the wall in another angle - hope you can imagine it).
The person who "wins" that little battle is that guy with the better angle (angle hits in 1.2.x - hope everybody knows them) and the otherone looses hp.
As you know there is always a way and here it's the same. If you fly against someone (who's also in hyperspeed) from the side or back then you kick him out of hyperspeed mode and he looses more hp as normal.

NOTE: You can't hit people who are NOT in hyperspeed mode. And you also can't shoot.

But if someone who isn't in hyperspeed mode shoots - he can still hit you. It's a lucky thing, because he can't really see you, that's his con.

For those who writing now: "Sounds like normal fighting just a little bit different".

That's right. It's kind of similar - absolut no discussion at that point, BUT in the last feew weeks, let's say even months, ESF is becoming so incredible beautiful just for the eye of the users and it's becoming everytime more the dragonball z we knew. So in that case I would say that hyperspeed is a must in some way and it makes the game even more attractive.

I am often for every change you suggest. Hope you like it.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to unbalanced its a free for all game not a 1 on 1 game

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But if you read it closely(!) and you don't (that tolds me the time of your post) you'll read that people who are NOT in hypermode can see (kind of) and react against people using this speedmode.

And DBZ is just an 1 on 1 fight. So it makes it possible to have a closer feeling to dbz. And it can't be disabled at some servers for example.
Because in tournaments i thought it would be great.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
How about a something like that when u will fight 1 vs 1 (combo or something new) u and your opponent are teleport 5 times close to the place where u start (combo/something new). That will look's like Hyperspeed

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOfpTFmPJpY&hl=pl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOfpTFmPJpY&hl=pl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<b>6:42/8:39</b>

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about waiting until you check out the new melee outline?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it isnt needed TBH :s

Sounds like more work for nothing. ESF is not DBZ. Its based off DBZ, but if we wanted we could easily switch the characters to mechs.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sounds like more work for nothing.
I guess if you guys improve that then we, the fans (for who you guys working for) will be thankfull.
I just want you to understand me: we (the community) tries to think to make that game most attractiv as possible.
For your last sentense: I love this game because it based on dbz and his chars if you change these chars or had never used dbz-chars I probably never played that game. DBZ is ESF and ESF is DBZ (in my mind). It's the BEST game about dbz i know. I just want to make it a great think and if you say it's work for nothing then I'm out of my mind. Just because some people don't like it, there MAYBE people who love that idea. And the name of the next release includes "final" and I thought it would be the best think to told this idea to you KNOW.

I just want you to think about that, because we love this game and you love it and let's say if you don't like it there maybe people (more than a half) would like to see this function ingame.

Everytime I play ESF it's playing dbz like I want. It feels great and it blows me away as (it sounds like) you told that it just based but you haven't a problem to change everything you guys working for. These details (models, maps, effects, EVERYTHING) is just for dbz and one step foward is maybe something like hyperspeed. It's just a new way of fighting to make the game more atractive and gives the users more possibilities.

Sorry, but I was shooked about your statement.

One last thing: Maybe you can a pro and con - list or kind of but just a "no" i can't really understand. Please.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Interesting indeed, although theres already a mod out there with giant flying robots and laser beams.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not of this quality though ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mechmod has bloom shaders, water reflection and all that jizz.

It was made by part of the ESF team you know ^^

@Idea The way i see it itsbasically a 2 level play system. On level 1 you have people in the normal mode and in level 2 you have people in hypermode.

The people in the hypermode play just as normall as the people in normal mode only they arnt visible to the people in normal mode.

So in the end you are stuck with 2 of the same that i see could be easily exploited for runing (if in normal mode) and negating melee (if in hyper mode)

But other than that all it adds is a WOW effect and it splits the people in the server into 2. But in the end everyone will end up using the same state.

Why? Because we allready have a duel system in ESF. So the only alternative use for this suggestion is allready in ESF but its implanted differently.

Best answers
I guess if you guys improve that then we, the fans (for who you guys working for) will be thankfull.
As "interesting" as the rest sounds .. What i worry about, is your expectations as to why this team exists! - You assume they work for the community? That they *have* to listen to the community? That is almost as far from the truth as you get .. Remember that you are given a whole lot of things, and all these people require from you, is patience and support!

They are doing this mod for themselves (I am saying this from my own modding experience, and from following mods over the years) The fact that there's a big, thankfull community, is a plus! But they certainly do not work for them, they work for themselves, and that is the way it should be ..!

(This is not to say anyone are selfish, i think the team has done well so far, to listen to their community, and involve them from time to time, as well)

It's like making a cake for yourself .. Sure others can taste, and say that it is wonderfull, but really who cares! You made it for yourself in the first place :rolleyes:

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why? Because we allready have a duel system in ESF. So the only alternative use for this suggestion is allready in ESF but its implanted differently.
Well he may be on to something with this.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, duels are designed to be uninterupted by outside interference right? What about adding something like this to those in a duel, when the 2 dueling are somewhat close to eachother you see "hypermode" effects and when one melees the other back it goes away and you see that happen, then when he recovers and they are generally close again, you see the effects go on randomly around their location? It would only be vissible to those outside the duel(doesn't effect the 2 in duel visually)

I think that way would have the best feel to it and keep everything the same.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm

You know you have a point.

I wonder what green and dalte can come up with ^^

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess with nothing. :(

You guys don't like that idea? I mean i would going crazy if i watch at a fight between 2 guys and then .. WOOOSH .. they're gone! And then .. BAM .. directly on the other side at the map they are!

Even if i just think about that idea i wanna do this in esf. Feeling like a little boy on christmas. xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its impossible for the people hidden in hypermode to be teleported across the map.

That would make it uncontrolable.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would it be possible to make shockwaves where the people are fighting

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as I see it.... Let me get out MSPaint....

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its impossible for the people hidden in hypermode to be teleported across the map.

That would make it uncontrolable.
I never said something about teleport. I ment they are at the other side of the map, because they are so incredible fast. Sure it would be great if there are "bubbles" every time they flying into each other like madman said.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said something about teleport. I ment they are at the other side of the map, because they are so incredible fast. Sure it would be great if there are "bubbles" every time they flying into each other like madman said.
And im saying the speed you are talking about is uncontrolable. ITs simply to fast. The speed would have to be the same in both modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom