HVR-1100 PCI TV Card + Vista

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With a dual onslaught of university work and a job I haven't had much time to play games (with the exception of FFXII, 8 hours over two weeks), so I was hoping to make my PC into more of a communal Media Center (photos, music, videos, tv and PS2 screen) than a gaming rig, however i'm having some trouble getting the TV card to work properly, I was wondering if anyone can help seeing as the Hauppauge forums are bloody useless (too many questions, no answers, no help).

CPU: Athlon 3000+ 2.2ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VT600P-RZ (fully updated firmware/BIOS, F5)
RAM: 1gb Crucial Dual Channel (512x2)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9800XT AGP 256mb (Vista Catalyst 7.2 Drivers)
TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1100 PCI
Sound: On-board AC-97 ( )
Monitor: 17" Generic CRT (1024x768, 75hz)
HDDs: 160gb, 400gb
Speakers: Generic 2.0 Speaker Setup

If anyone can suggest any hardware upgrades that could help me with the problem then i'd appreciate it, but i'm over the recommended specs for the TV card (1.5ghz CPU), so it shouldn't be a problem.

I installed the Vista 32-bit drivers for the HVR-1100, which made it work perfectly in Windows Media Center, but then the (supposedly Vista compatible) software (remote control IR support, S-Video support) botched everything up. Now I get no picture or sound. The S-Video (PlayStation2) gets picture but no audio, and I have to go through a seperate application to do it, when i'd rather keep Windows Media Center running.

What i'd like is twofold;

1. Full video and audio for the TV channels like before, in Windows Media Center.
2. S-Video to be recognised in Windows Media Center, with video and audio.

Also if it helps, the TV signal is analogue (not digital) from an aerial socket, and there should be five channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, Five).

I'd blame Vista but it's doing better than XP did, which just gave choppy video and audio for the TV channels and no S-Video). Plus the drivers are specifically for Vista, new releases, non-beta.

Any help will result in consensual snuggles, and may prevent me from tearing my hair out o_o

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Scarey thought... Your system is similar to my Athlon 3000+
Its more than powerful enough to do anything video wise.
Keep updating and reinstalling your drivers.
Actually... Uninstall all of your TV tuner stuff, Download and run CCleaner and clean the system out, I recently did an Upgrade for a friend that had on-board Intel Extremely crap graphics and the machine didn't agree with the graphics card at all, it wouldn't even boot into windows, So I went into safe mode (which was still buggy as hell) and ran it, All was good, And no issues after that.
I haven't played around with TV tuner cards and vista yet. But keep on the prowl for updated drivers.
I have noticed with Vista that ATI' Drivers are a bit buggy at the moment.
But being a new Operating system things will get ironed out!

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=67311

I also have never tried plugging in a console into a TV tuner card, But I do output to my T.V to watch downloaded episodes. (Which I get legally! tyvm)
And most Programs can do that, My favorite is Power DVD and you can use Hardware Video Acceleration which removes some junk from the video stream and makes it look perty.

I'll have a look around for a solution tonight, That may solve your issue, Until then try my suggestion of removing everything and running CCleaner then reinstall it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ran CCleaner (latest version supports Vista, phew) and HCWClear (reccomended by someone else on another forum) and reinstalled the Vista 32-bit drivers, everything seems to be working smoothly in Vista Media Center except the S-Video/PS2, which i've been told is impossible with my current setup, (no audio inputs for S-Video support, require a PCI sound card to get them) so for now it's working as best as possible, many thanks, Permalite =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom