How to insert a video into a signature?

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
basicly as the title says how can i insert a video avi or quicktime mov. into a signature.

I already tryed with ps cs4 but it always limits frames to 500. and video comes out laggy

i used this Xilisoft AVI to MOV Converter 6 to convert it from avi to mov and than import it into ps.

Is there a better way of doing this and what settings should i choose when saving?

This is what i wanna make: http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/vietcn/ichigo/epicomgawd-1.gif

Same concept but different anime.

Last edited:
FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can't put a 'video' on your signature, the used method in your example is a gif, you could somehow call it a video, because a video is nothing but a sequence of images, and with a gif, it's a sequence of images looping forever, there are some limitations though.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah i know the end up result is GIF

But with Cs4 you can import AVI and quicktime mov. files

wich cs4 makes them into frames those frames you can save as GIF.

I just dont know, what settings in GIF should i make to be smoother and better quality.

I also get this error not enough ram when im saving a GIF, how much ram it needs i got 2gb on xp o.o

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realize your going to lag the hell out of any page that you've posted a ton on, right?

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i dont wanna put entire movie on lol...

i just wanna 5-10 sec animation on the signature in a gif format ofcorse

and not on this forum

EDIT: found out instead of insert tool to insert quicktime mov. file and making them as frames, just open the quicktime mov. file and it will open it as smart object. I didnt get problem with ram and laggy animations now.

This is just test of the animation from quicktime mov to gif in cs4: http://i56.tinypic.com/34hf9rd.gif

Last edited:
The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That animation is 3.5MB! Please don't ever use something like that in you signature. :D
You'll have to delete a lot of frames to make it acceptable. It won't be as smooth then, but it will run better on just about any PC and will be much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom