How to Crash Servers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This might have been said a million times before but I figured there's no harm in reporting it (sorry if it has been.) I'm reluctant to actually say it, seeing as it could be abused.

I'll just say that there's a bug involving spectator mode which allows you to instantly crash any server. It's sadly very easy to do. If you're one of team people or moderator people or whatever that collects this bug data, PM me and I'll tell you how it works (well unless you already know I guess.)

But do me a favor and tell me if this has been mentioned before so I don't keep checking this topic:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri you were scaring me.
When I saw this topic I thought you were going to tell them
HOW to immediately crash a server right on this thread. I know how
its done but I dont do it. Someone told me. But if everyone knew
about this there would be no ESF Servers to play on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well they don't seem to care... either that or they already know and are fixing it.

Do people even LOOK at the bugs section? This has been the newest post for days in a row, and it only has 2 replies.

Best answers
They already know about this bug, and exactly how to do it.

The other day a couple weeks ago, I was playing with a Dev and mentioned knowing a bug to crash a server in three keypresses every time.

Shortly thereafter, someone was an idiot and crashed the server with Gohan's Shield, so the Dev said 'show me yours' and I did. They definately know about it though. It's related to the same bug that lets you get on the 'spectator team' as an active fighter in the first place, I think.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
aahh, thats why 1 person kicked us all out, cuz a overflood, something like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this bug work in all servers or just linux or just listenservers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey Hitokiri ... nice that you found it ... but please tell it noone
it's better if noone knows this bug ...

there're a few more bugs noone should know ... I think everyone should report them via PM to a team-member or a beta-tester and bequiet until the next version comes out

thx ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't a big problem for Dedicated servers using ServerDoc

Best answers
It's also easy to avoid the bug by having admin-mod block the command. So they can't abuse the lame bug anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom