III. Behavior of noobs
IV. Noob religion
V. More about noob habitats
C. AVOIDING NOOBS

I. Make sure you aren't one
II. Major noob avoiding strategies

A. INTRO

I. What is this?

This guide is designed to give you a better understanding of what a noob is, how to recognize them, some details about them, and how to avoid or get rid of them. It mostly applies to online forums, which are the main targets of migrating noobs.

II. Defining 'Noob'

Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. Noobs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of disrespect toward them, and it's often hella funny, but I will refer to them as noobs during this reading.

* Usually the topic at hand on an internet forum.

B. COMMON NOOB CHARACTERISTICS

I. Noobish

Often, but not always, noobs will attempt to communicate in their own primitive language, known as noobish. It is a variant of the hacker language that exposes them as having little intelligence or will to learn. Here is an example of some noobish. Do not attempt to comprehend it: it cannot be discerned without professionals at hand.

stFU /\/\an, i r teh r0xx0rz liek emin3m, u cna go tO EHLL OR ATLE4St help m3 wit hthIS!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

Although you may find this unbelievably funny and/or annoying, it is best to restrain yourself and keep from talking back to them, as they are very territorial and easily angered. This will result in their attempted verbal abuse of you, possibly backed up by other noobs, because they work in packs when doing offensive tasks. It is not an easy task to learn this language because our intelligent accent will keep it from sounding quite right when spoken. You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly.

II. Where to find noobs

On the internet, noobs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies.

Larger colonies can result in the mutation of some into spammers. Not commercial spammers, but pointless spammers. A noob can become one of these at any point, but the larger the amount of noobs, the more chance pointless spammers will appear.

Off the internet, noobs appear anywhere the focus is on learning or discussing something specific.

III. Behavior of noobs

Since noobs are basically ignorant bastards, they have a lot in common. The most often seen characteristic is their fluency in noobish, which is why it got its own section. They will also be very self confident as if they were the absolute best at what they are in fact the worst at. Also, they are quite agressive and self-centered, and tend to laugh a lot using many L's and O's in rapid sucession (the noobish word for laughing like an ultimate retard).

It is their instinct to assemble in packs for defense, and they often attempt to organize packs that they call teams. Unfortunately for them, teams usually result in a total loss of communication and they can often begin to fight amongst each other. These teams are quite unlike those formed by non-noobs.

Noobs have difficulty reading english and cannot comprehend the idea of authority.

Therefore, they have an all-out disregard for rules, basic or not. A good way to identify a noob (bad) vs. a newb (good) is to tell them (or have an authority tell them) which rule they are unknowingly breaking. If they respond with an apology and fix it, they are probably not a noob. If they react by insulting everything around them in rapid noobish and causing general mayhem, it is because they are a noob and have had a small seizure due to their inability to understand what is happening.

IV. Noob religion

Noobs follow a variation of the 1337 (sometimes 7331) religion, in which they worship the number in odd rituals and put altars in their forum avatars and signatures. They often call themselves 1337, which experts say is somewhat like calling themselves godly in a human language. It's best to not interfere with their religious fantasies and practices because that can lead to a noob uprising, which can turn a forum to mush in less than a week.

V. More about noob habitats

Noobs often attempt to maintain their own web pages. Some common features of these lairs are a terrible lack of content, background music, lots of pointless animated gifs, and pages that say some variation of 'tHEir isnothinG H34r yEtt LOLLOLOL!111!1!!~~~!!`! 13371337', which means 'Nothing here yet' in noobish.

They will also have large, seemingly infinite marquees of 88X31 affiliate buttons replaced with red X's scattered here and there, and possibly a hit counter showing a number less than 100. These habitats are numerous but fairly easy to avoid because only noobs link to them. So if you can identify a noob, don't go to its homepage. Simple as that.

C. AVOIDING NOOBS

I. Make sure you aren't one

Note: This section is bilingual so even noobs can make the discovery if they haven't already.

English (T4lk)-

Read the above parts of this guide carefully. If you find yourself unable to comprehend any of it but are instead beginning to think about how great you are and how awesome 'teh 1337' is, you might want to take one of the many available online quizzes to check your noobancy.

Noobish (133713371337)- Liek, u gott4 re3D teh gudieCAREFUl1y and tehn OMG LIEK I AM R0XX0RZ ya anD ify 0u turn into teh reTARDED u gota go 2 MY WEBP4GE LOLLOLOL!!111~11 ad check 4 warez n stfuu. if u r a n00b go2HELL LOLLOLOlROFLMFAO11!!!11!!!! a/s/l pos gtg n00b suxx0rz ur b0xx0rz OLOOOLOLLLL HELP HELP HELP 1337133713371337

II. Major noob avoiding strategies

The main factor in attracting migrating herds of noobs is a large, active forum. If you find one of these, look to see if it has the management to avoid noob infestation. If not, look for a small or mid-sized forum that covers the same topic so you can enjoy your time there before the noobs find it.

Another way to keep noobs from interfering with your life is to become part of the authority on one of these forums. But that's often hard to do so you'll probably be better off avoiding larger forums first off. If you do manage to become part of the authority, however, take full advantage of it and establish extermination policies so that normal people can have a nice time without noob infestations.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with a name like ssjFajita you're noone to be talking

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:warning:Warning:warning: to GFK for flaming.

Any more flames directed at the thread author recieve a free boot ride to the town limits.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
:warning:Warning:warning: to GFK for flaming.

Any more flames directed at the thread author recieve a free boot ride to the town limits.
Been there and it sucks....

on topic: id actually like to know how long and drunk your girlfriend was when she wrote that.... I remember doing something like that when I was drunk, exept it was a 12 step guide to typing the word 'the'. :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ssjFajita said:
The main factor in attracting migrating herds of noobs is a large, active forum. If you find one of these, look to see if it has the management to avoid noob infestation. If not, look for a small or mid-sized forum that covers the same topic so you can enjoy your time there before the noobs find it.
Only noob-free forums I've ever seen are the eness forums ( http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/ ), and that's mainly because of incredibly evil/awesome admins like MonsE ( "MonsieurEvil" ).

Noobs aren't tolerated as much there as they are here, aside from the standard "I don't know how to install the game help plzkthx" area.

Best answers
Magnificent :)

Especially about those 1337 stuff, which still, i cant find a logical reason of their meaning.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can see now that i'm no n00b, no sir.
it's a big way of explaning it, it can be smaller tough

Best answers
What the hell is everyone's problems here? I am making a joke. Not some grand political statement. If you don't find it funny... then keep it to yourself.

@ Kelesk- Where the hell do you come off making comments like that about my GF? She found this on a forum site site she goes to. And she's too prude to drink :p .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your girlfriend "made" this?

Well, do a yahoo search of:
This guide is designed to give you a better understanding of what a noob is
Linkage

Hm... a lot of sites have this exact line o_O.

Still funny... sort of.

Best answers
"You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly."
lol gotta love that one
great *ahem* guide *cough*

Best answers
he says his girlfriend FOUND this on the forums she goes too -.-

and i do think it's kinda funny.
why always try to find some serious stuff behind something?
just laugh and you'll feel better .. at least .. if yer not a n00b ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh meh, no problem then ^_^. Sorry for accusing. Still is weird though.

Retired
Best answers
well, it's kinda true though. in my mind I always knew 2 kind of noobs/newbs. so that kinda sums it up.

/me suddenly sees a lot of noobs around.. points at cucumba
:rolleyes:

Best answers
hehe I'll say no names, but there clearly is noobish smell in the air here...PPL STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is for the esf team really... and since they dont read the forums (that often) i suggest a mod or admin tell this to the esf team.

for future installers could you put the manual in the installation. like. when the installtion is done have a series of boxes to check like __ Play ESF Now __Read ESF Manual etc etc. you know like the alphas that way they can READ THE MANUAL and not aft to ask the same questoins over and over and over and over and over. see i typed and over so many times... its just annoying. or better yet. when they make a short cut, have the manual right next to it. Because noobs dont know that all they have to do is go "Start>Programs>Earth's Special Forces> ESF Beta 1.2 Manual and omg look there it is ^_^ or click meh link. It's there for a reason...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Especially about those 1337 stuff, which still, i cant find a logical reason of their meaning.
you and me boath :laff:

very funey i realy feel like i know something more in my life

[paranoya] They will come to get us all. Noobs evrywhere, we'll be toaly floded by noobishness! [/paranoya] :laff:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
with a name like ssjFajita you're noone to be talking
:talk: :talk: :talk:

That was the funniest part of this thread.

Anyways, I've seen this before, not very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom