How the internet almost never was

Best answers
Hmmm... If the net were to be shut down now in 2007 I couldn't imagine the massive consequences. People's lives could be ruined. Many buisnesses survive on the net and many others would take a large wound in sales.

I couldn't imagine how bad economies would be if the Internet was no more.

There'd be so much uproar over this, it wouldn't be funny. I wouldn't worry about it... money conquers all in most societies (this also includes economies) and considering that there's no way in hell the Internet could ever be shut down now.

I just can't believe the nerve they have to still attempt to shut down the net. It's like me trying to defeat the U.S. Army with my bare hands.

Best answers
Hmmm... If the net were to be shut down now in 2007 I couldn't imagine the massive consequences. People's lives could be ruined. Many buisnesses survive on the net and many others would take a large wound in sales.

I couldn't imagine how bad economies would be if the Internet was no more.

There'd be so much uproar over this, it wouldn't be funny. I wouldn't worry about it... money conquers all in most societies (this also includes economies) and considering that there's no way in hell the Internet could ever be shut down now.

I just can't believe the nerve they have to still attempt to shut down the net. It's like me trying to defeat the U.S. Army with my bare hands.
But neither isnt impossible. :laff:

Best answers
I really doubt anyone could shut down the internet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you shut down the net? By making every single ISP on the planet go out of business and hacking every single site on the net making it unaccessable? I for one think it's impossible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the RIAA caused the shut down of the internet, the world would probably lash out and annihilate the them. Offices would be sacked, and likely a large number of people would be killed. Besides, I doubt a single ruling in an American court could come anywhere near having the authority to dismantle the internet. America could probably declare war on the internet and it would still survive. I don't think anything short of a worldwide disintegration of society could pull down such a decentralized network.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was in 1990 before the internet was big and when there was only about 100 websites. They don't want to shut it down now, that would be insane

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That depends, if the internet was shut down in 1994, we wouldn't have noticed much of it now. We would never know what the internet was truly capable of. But if the internet were to shut down right at this moment. We would have some kind of apocalypse(And I don't mean like "OH NOES! INTERNET SHUTS DOWNZZ!!!1one!! OMGZORZ *dies*) more like, the economy would shatter all over the world, communication would be near impossible (save for TV and telephone, but you should know how much of the [media] communication goes trough the internet) etc. etc.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The RIAA isn't a governmental organization--it has no power, other than as a lobbying group. They put pressure on the senate, house, etc, to pass laws in their favor and spend vast sums of money in our civil legal system.

They have (and had) no ability to "shut down" the web--because it wasn't an exclusively American concept/project, anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The RIAA isn't a governmental organization--it has no power, other than as a lobbying group. They put pressure on the senate, house, etc, to pass laws in their favor and spend vast sums of money in our civil legal system.

They have (and had) no ability to "shut down" the web--because it wasn't an exclusively American concept/project, anyway.
Yep thats the truth.

Its not a centralized thing that someone can just pull the plug on. And i can guarentee you the companies that use the internet on a daily basis are more powerful then the RIAA.

Its just more threats from RIAA that cant go anywhere. When really all it amounts them is shouting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom