How powerstruggles should be done

Best answers
While ESF's powerstruggles are good, they lack a certain something. And that something is the ability to used more energy in it. The weak will always perish even with turbo to an enemy twice as strong.

What I think is that while in a powerstruggle, one should be able to charge a round of energy to be used as a "burst" to push the balls away from him and give that person a chance.
For example:

Goku-------------><------------Vegeta
Goku-----------------><--------Vegeta
Goku-------------------><------Vegeta
Goku----------------------><---Vegeta

As you can see, Vegeta is losing. But with that extra energy he was charging up, he releases that energy into the powerstruggle and evens the odds:

Goku----------------------><---Vegeta
Goku-------------------><------Vegeta
Goku-----------------><--------Vegeta
Goku-------------><------------Vegeta

Bah, It's a little sloppy, but it will do.
Any comments about my idea?

Best answers
try holding down on mouse1, it puts in more energy.

TeZ

Best answers
an ok idea, but if it was implemented then the more powerful player would charge too, so the odds wouldnt be even anyway

the only way to beat a more powerful player is to melee them, in my opinion. nobody's stupid enough to beam you in hand-to-hand combat, if they were then they wouldnt be on a high pl

Best answers
Morrone
"try holding down on mouse1, it puts in more energy."
I know that, but all it does is slow down the inevitable when a guy is too strong.

Abhorsen
"try hitting the turbo button"
What if the other guy presses turbo too?

TeZ
"an ok idea, but if it was implemented then the more powerful player would charge too, so the odds wouldnt be even anyway"
The odds wouldn't be even, but the weaker player will have a better chance than before.

Imagine another charge bar pops up during the PS, the player can charge it up as much as he wants and let it go in to PS. Which would push it toward your opponet. Now, the player can charge the bar all the way or halfway. This determines how much energy would be put into the PS.

A good example is the ps between Gohan and Cell. Gohan was always putting more energy into the attack in burst. Just as Cell.

Best answers
well before they do any of those suggestions (if they decide to) i strongly believe they should fix the graghics for the current ps. i mean the beams dont even touch and sometimes it can look real weird.

goku----------O . O--------vegeta

^this is what i mean ^

if anything they should work to make the beams actually touch each other, more like

goku--------OO--------vegeta

same goes for a BS, the beam isnt positioned properly most of the time it goes behind or to the side like this;

goku---------vegeta--O

Best answers
The stronger player is going to win the power struggle anyways fool. Thats why its called a power struggle, because someone has more power than the other.

Positioning the beams properly is the modeler or spirte maker's fault because they made the polys on the beams too big and the beams are actually a lot bigger than they really look.

To put more energy in the beam in short chunks could work out but it wouldnt be much different than it is now. The more powerful player will still win.

Best answers
It's not too bad an idea, actually. Have it so that right mouse button does this: holding it down will store energy, releasing right mouse will pump the energy into the ps. I don't think you need a separate meter or anything, since you know how much ki (approx.) you're about to pump in. It wouldn't make much difference in normal modes, but transformed chars could find this useful.

Best answers
yeah it is a good idea but its not the biggest problem with ps. the biggest prob is that it looks really weird when the beam cmoes close to you. thers two of them and you can see two beams. this looks horrible. i think they should be together(One beam) im not sure if i explained this well

Best answers
yeah, the hit boxes on the beams and characters are pretty big but thats to make it a little easier to aim across the map. and besides, the way they have it now is kinda cool. I was playin the other day and i shot a ff and some guy and just before my beam hit him, some other guys kame pushed mine away to the side. It was cool lookin.

But i def like the idea of putting energy bursts into psing. Its be kinda cool if you could see the extra energy being pumped into the beam (maybe it could make the beam head larger, but put a cap on the head size so it wouldnt crash the game)

Best answers
the whole idea is cool, but it would make no difference, if a weaker person did put a burst of energy in to try and win the stronger guy would go oh **** and thus put his own power boost in then once again the stronger guy would win every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom