How Long Did it Take You...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't really say, since I haven't done a complete model yet, but I managed to create satisfying shapes
within a few days (about 2-3). Ben Mathis video tutorials helped quite a bit in understanding the basics of 3dsmax and modeling.
But I say it depends on the individual.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would say about 3-4 years to make something I am not totally ashamed of now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of it depends on whether or not you've got a solid orthoganal ref to work with. I'm still working on perfecting the hands and pelvic region of a model I started over a year ago. Mainly taken so long because I've asked for extensive critique, as the character drawing style is a bit unstable, an had to be tweaked and referenced a number of times before we were satisfied. And then there was the fact that some aspects of the character didn't work as well in 3D as 2D, so some rethinking had to be done.

I'd say a few weeks for a decent model with proper refs that translated well to 3D.

Discord Member
Best answers
I myself well am modeling for 1,5 to 2 years now and i haven't really produced a model that I'm blown away or fully satisfied, I did have decent models..but not something special.
The fact is within the first few months your model looks fine to you but when you take a better look you notice its utter crap XD or a beginners work....thats how it just basically works...
if every model you produced was hyper ultra pwnage.. there wouldn't be any point in modeling, every model you do is better but you will never get fully satisfied with a model....

This is all my opinion, so shoot if you dont like it ;) :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom