How do you run pcjoe's mod?

Best answers
i can get the mod running but when i try to create a game there are no maps or anything....im pretty sure im doing something wrong...but what?

Can someone help?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it doesn't come with any maps, but it showed the default valve ones for me... what i would do is go to your half-life dir, and in valve/maps copy crossfire, and paste it in pcjoes_mod/maps/
And yes, you will have to make the maps folder. After then you should see the map crossfire in your create game menu.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you installed the mod correctly, then your default maps should appear in the map list, ie. boot_camp, crossfire etc... If they aren't showing up, try going into the console, and type map "crossfire" or any other map, and if it says error map not found, or something like that, you may have installed the mod wrong. This is a seperate mod, so it should go in your c: \..\Half-Life directory, not c: \..\Half-Life\esforces directory, hopefully you didn't do that...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant get the mod to work either, but i'm using counter strike instead of half life. wud the mod work on any map? cause if so i cud just whip up a map to use, that shud work right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it would work with cs...

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Doubt it

from what i've seen(those two screenshots), it looked like a deathmatch mod....which wouldn't work with CS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all it does is add partical effects to sertain hl weapons.. but u dont have the hl weapons so it wouldnt work...

TonyMontana

T
Umm, what's the point of the mod besides the partical system? Is it just like a test?

Best answers
yah just some tid pits for what to come CANT WAIT

/me jumps in time machine and heads to the future

i kinda want to see a promo for the beta

masta ytou said you were workin on it but ill wait

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err u know that there are lots of pics in the picture section on the main site... and there have been videos as well :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back on topic. :rolleyes:

The particle system here is not the one in the beta, though I think Joe wants it in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh. k then. :D

And if it is a addon for Hlweapons you would need HL yes. But so far I know a mod would work with a full HL engine. Like Full CS. (stores one)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This particle system will not be in ESF. The good part is that im going to be coding ESF's new turbo + power up auras. I want to really make a l33t transformation FX, with Hugh yellow lighting bolts, rocks flying around, ect. It should be fun:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so it doesnt work with cs, better get my half life back from my friend then... and the cs im using isnt even mine... o_o

Best answers
Huh? It does work with CS, I have CS Retail, and it works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom