How do Nameks eat?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a show where 99% of the names are based on plants. You didnt think of encountering a race that feeds like plants?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you saying that Nameks absorb solar rays and produce chlorophyll?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What else would the green in their skin be?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just thought something. If Nameks don't eat or need to eat, then what the hell is Guru's story?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody said you couldn't store up too much chlorophyll. =o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss threads like these (especially since I was the one that usually created them if I recall correctly).

Actually, in Dragon Ball we saw Piccolo eating fish from time to time. Of course Piccolo, Kami and King Piccolo weren't Nameks at the time. It wasn't until Dragon Ball Z that we find out that all three of the previously mention characters were Nameks. But an interesting thing worth noting is that on Planet Namek, we saw numerous villages with crops.

If anything, I'd say they need to eat while they grow until they fully mature. Or they do need to eat, just very little.
You can't really argue with DB anyways. In DB many things were different.
There were animals that could talk and all that stuff, and it started to disappear
when the whole thing moved towards DBZ. I think it was because Toryama was influenced by other works when he started DB.
I think they are really somewhat plant-like, using sunlight for food production.

Nobody said you couldn't store up too much chlorophyll. =o
There are small plants and huge trees IRL as well.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You can't really argue with DB anyways. In DB many things were different.
There were animals that could talk and all that stuff, and it started to disappear
when the whole thing moved towards DBZ. I think it was because Toryama was influenced by other works when he started DB.
I think they are really somewhat plant-like, using sunlight for food production.
well DB started as a comic anime and it further turned in to a fighting one so its normal u can see talking cats and metamorphing pigs
i think nameks are a sort of simbiots, flesh and plant cells liveing together, there are a few species of algee and flowers that have a simbiotic relationship

Actually, in Dragon Ball we saw Piccolo eating fish from time to time. Of course Piccolo, Kami and King Piccolo weren't Nameks at the time. It wasn't until Dragon Ball Z that we find out that all three of the previously mention characters were Nameks. But an interesting thing worth noting is that on Planet Namek, we saw numerous villages with crops.
If anything, I'd say they need to eat while they grow until they fully mature. Or they do need to eat, just very little.[/QUOTE]

maybe piccolo needed energy suplies , and on planet namek those crops where actualy some trees that used to be all arund namek until the wether gon bad as dende said,
i think why piccolo was eating fish on earth is because there wasnt allways sun light like on namek, like a plant he needed light and water , to compensate for the lack of light at night he eat food

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quoted from an old magazine interview with Akira Toriyama:

P.J.:

Several readers have asked if Namekians are plants. Of course, based on their names, they seem to be slugs... but they are green, they have a strange method of reproduction, and they live on water.

Akira Toriyama:

That's a tough question. I thought of Piccolo first, and I wanted to draws him as a scary character, and it was only afterwards that I had to come up with a species. Since they have antennae, I thought they looked like slugs. So "Namekian" is a play on words, but I didn't think too deeply about it. I don't think they're plants, but they may be hermaphrodites.
Source: http://www.myfavoritegames.com
Thread: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=63866

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really, it's just a fudge-up on Toriyama's part that the policy on Namekian consumption switched between Dragonball and DBZ. Really, all it was was poor planning and last second decisions. Originally, Piccolo was just supposed to be a one-time unique baddy, not a member of a race of similar beings. If we want to make an excuse for it though, you could say that their bodies are able to eat, but bad at digesting. Perhaps it's preference, simply that Namek's consider eating to be more of a hassle. Why waste energy hunting and gathering if you can absorb your sustenance? Maybe King Piccolo only indulged himself because the food was brought to him. Or heck, maybe most human food just tastes horrible to Namekians, and the "I only drink water" line is just a way to avoid insulting the cook XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was referring to the fact that Guru is big and fat, compared to the other Nameks.

I think his point was, "If Nameks don't eat, then why is Guru so fat?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom