How do I get Valve Hammer Editor

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the first is your game executable, which isn't going to come with Hammer. The other four are the map compiling tools. Hammer comes with (or should have o_O) default ones, but much better builds have been made and you should use them anyway.

Download and use these, and point to them in that dialog if you're going to be using Hammer to compile.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you download hammer 3.4 or hammer 3.5? 3.4 is a full version, and 3.5 is just an .exe replacement of 3.4(in other words kinda like a patch).

If you downloaded 3.5, just try downloading 3.4 fisrt and replace it's .exe with that of 3.5

Dragondude beat me to it, oh and sorry if I talked no sense, I am like that sometimes.

Best answers
No its not that, I downloaded 3.4 but when I installed it and got to the Build Programs I noticed that I didnt have a Valvehammereditor folder in my Half-life section

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\tools.
The default compile tools should be in there, but replace them with the ones I linked to anyway. They're much more optimized, and better in many ways.

Best answers
So that stuff all goes in the valvehammereditor folder in my half-life section right?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The compile tools? They can go anywhere on your system, as you point to their path from that dialog box. I'd just put them in the pre-existing tools folder for the sake of custom.

Best answers
Ok then, its all done, but I must ask how do I make/where do I get textures?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
textures are in .wad files, get them in your esf root directory for example and to make a texture, use paintshoppro or something similiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom