How do I convert dem files?

almostdeleted

A
I recoreded a dem file for a ESF video im makin, but how do i convert it to a AVI Video to open in Movie Maker?o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here I come to rescue teh maker of my wh00p-ass sig!

-------

Download & use a program called CamStudio. Instead of doing the lengthy process of going from .dem to .avi you can go straight to .avi. CamStudio has many options/preferences & can record full screen.

Retired
Best answers
sure that works? most games you need a prog to make loads of .bmp's or any fileextension that shows a picture. you get like 25 pics/second and then with another program you can all put these after eachother, and it will make a .avi out of it. I think CS prolly so does ESF uses .bmp so it takes much of your HD space with this.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Judge
sure that works? most games you need a prog to make loads of .bmp's or any fileextension that shows a picture. you get like 25 pics/second and then with another program you can all put these after eachother, and it will make a .avi out of it. I think CS prolly so does ESF uses .bmp so it takes much of your HD space with this.
Yup it works like a charm. I've used it myself, although recording on a high resolution with high framerate will take your gfx card to the max! And if your gfx card/processor isn't fast enough, you won't achieve high enough fps in the AVI file.

almostdeleted

A
Ok, I downloaded it, and now im stuck.. what do I do from here..

Retired
Best answers
well I only made a .avi from a game record with Tribes 2, so cant really help you with that since its totally different. but since I kinda know what the engine normally can do. I think you should just open that program and select the demo and the prog might run it for itself. but cant help you with it since I never worked with it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom