• Very Boring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just crap

• Sleep Time "too boring"

• Total voters
Best answers
As *** and boring as homework may be, it is very necessary, it teaches you skils that you will need when you get out in to the real world. If you have a teacher doing homework the RIGHT way, then they would set a date for homework and you WONT be able to make anything up. That's the way I believe it should be. Once it's late, it dosn't count and you get a big fat 0. It teaches you things like the fact that people aren't going to sit around and wait for you to do things when you get out on your own.
And that's my two cents on homework.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta's Briefs said:
I love homework, and no, I won't do yours :S
just on a side note, this isnt directed at you, but that comment reminded me of something.

i REALLY hate those people that get a B+ and think its the worst thing in the freggin world..... hell id be happy with a C and they're crying over a near perfect grade.... jesus. i dont know if its true or not but in my experiance these are the same people with little to no common sense, and a lot of school smarts.
street smart vs school smart... id take street.

Tassadar said:
As *** and boring as homework may be, it is very necessary, it teaches you skils that you will need when you get out in to the real world. If you have a teacher doing homework the RIGHT way, then they would set a date for homework and you WONT be able to make anything up. That's the way I believe it should be. Once it's late, it dosn't count and you get a big fat 0. It teaches you things like the fact that people aren't going to sit around and wait for you to do things when you get out on your own.
And that's my two cents on homework.
this is true.
but still this is the story for most of us
Hwoarang said:
i might be 19 years old and graduated from highschool a year ago, but i will always despise the pointless "extra" work as i like to put it.....

it it wasn't for tests and projects counting a high percentage of my grades. I would have never passed anything. if i didn't do the work in school, i didn't do it at all. if you know the information what is the point in studying period and doing homework?
amen to that

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In high school homework was easy. Even so, I always did the bare minimum and just did enough to get by.

And that attitude has pretty much carried over into college. Most of my classes also do not require you to do homework or turn it in. It's just suggested.

When it comes to school, I am extremely lazy. I'm quite surprised that I'm still in college at all. As for if I like homework. Of course not. I learn all I need for the test in class. I don't need extra problems.

So homework is neither boring nor sucky. It's pointless.

Best answers
Homework, Homework, Homework... bah

I allmost NEVER do my homework, but still i get nearly straight A's or B+ , except German, its suckeh...

I only do major assignments like, write an essay, deliver a 4 page Math assignment, but its kewl. Isnt that hard.

(Hmm better get going, got 12 lines of german to be done on friday, major math assignment for friday 2. And tomorrow i cant....)

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Homework? I never make it... at home, I make it at school, in the classes, instead of doing nothing at all at school, that way I save free time at home.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yall actually do homework.. lol i just copied from some guys paper and refraise what he said. passed school with A, B, C honor roll because of that. I never actually did my wrok in school either. i mostly slept and clownd around. but when it came to tests everything just clicked in my head and i knew the answers. but homework alwayz and will be full of shiznit >_<

I graduated in June of this year. woot no more school for me. enjoy your homework fella's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do my homework at home.. i dont like it, but i do it. In new york we have higher standards then most other states in the US. Im mobbed with work, it takes a couple of hours to complete if youve got a lot. But I guess you can concider me a nerd, I get A's, and B's. only reason I try hard is I need to keep my grades up to play football, and I want to get into a good colledge with a good team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
new yorks standards arent higher than anywhere else.... if your talking about the Regents... well you dont have to take that type of class, and new york isnt the only state with it.
regents remind me of the SAT's
except the SAT's are even more pointless....

Best answers
[babble]Weeeee homework blows...but fortunately i never have any...well thats not entirely true i have it about 3-4 days a week but usually no more than 30 minutes unless its a difficult project or something. I almost always finish my hw at school as I have health 4th hour and computer aps 5th hour...*cough* big blowoff classes *cough* anyway yea so its not that big of a deal to me atm, it might be worse if i studied more but i pull of good grades. I have a feeling next year will be worse...[/babble]

/me points and laughs at mines :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
new yorks standards arent higher than anywhere else.... if your talking about the Regents... well you dont have to take that type of class, and new york isnt the only state with it.
regents remind me of the SAT's
except the SAT's are even more pointless....
heh, you gota get your facts straight.. I have a friend, in Arizona, who moved from NY. Been their for about 3 years now, gets hw like once a week, does not have Regents, or many finals for that matter.. So your telling me that the New York standards are the same as the ones in the south and south east?

And you say it like regents is no biggy.. You know that big math test that 70% failed? I was one of them. It was very hard, very confusing..

Best answers
Yep, homework sucks bad, and my math teachers more
she gives us homework every single day and if we dont do it or finish it detention dont do it 4 times, saturday school. and if u miss 1 day the detention doubles i must have the suckiest scholl ever than again that might be the reason i have only A's dunno. i miss my old school in Europe go to school frm 8am to 12pm and ur out almost no HW go out and have fun i miss those days =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
heh, you gota get your facts straight.. I have a friend, in Arizona, who moved from NY. Been their for about 3 years now, gets hw like once a week, does not have Regents, or many finals for that matter.. So your telling me that the New York standards are the same as the ones in the south and south east?

And you say it like regents is no biggy.. You know that big math test that 70% failed? I was one of them. It was very hard, very confusing..
believe it or not some school districts are better than others, perhaps your friend is in one of the easier/slower ones :rolleyes: . speaking for the entire state.... kinda hard to do with one friend. if your trying to say that southern states are behind the rest of us.... your gonna have to get your own facts straight.

as for the regents... i never said it wasnt hard.
i said it was like the SAT's
POINTLESS

Best answers
well not to jump in on this but u cant even really seperate school performance by district either...where i lived in louisiana there were patterson and berwick which were like 5 miles apart..same district and everything...but their test scores were always higher than ours and i had several friends there that said that they had tons of homework and had all the midterms and finals that we had just the teachers were tougher on em so they ended up having better grades because of it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:

What CJ says is pretty much right. I also have a friend in Pheonix, Arizona. His equivalent of Math B over there is stuff we did in A2 already. You failed that math regents? Dunno, it wasn't that hard for me. If you're a nerd, I'm an ubernerd. I have no grades below 96 right now, god damned science though always messes me up with that 95-96... I'm bad at it, heh.

Question for you guys: What is the 'failing' level of classes there? Here its a 75 to be passing. I know most other schools around this area are 65. How about where you live?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
65 is the minimum to pass in my old HS,
not sure what it is at my college, dont wana find out either.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me, it depends on the assigment. Physics problems? Can't get done with them fast enough, I just hate them. Japanese compositions? Those things can be fun at times, especially if I make my responses weird :p Had to write a letter to my teacher explaining why I didn't have my text book and asking to borrow one for a week. I said that I took it camping and because a deer ate it, I'd like to borrow a text book. Of course it seems a bit simple, but it's a much more complex sentance in japanese and we don't know how to make things really complicated yet.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
What CJ says is pretty much right. I also have a friend in Pheonix, Arizona. His equivalent of Math B over there is stuff we did in A2 already. You failed that math regents? Dunno, it wasn't that hard for me. If you're a nerd, I'm an ubernerd. I have no grades below 96 right now, god damned science though always messes me up with that 95-96... I'm bad at it, heh.

Well, I was close to failing..
I had a crappy math teacher :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom