Holy crap, The Old Republic looks so bad.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-star-wars/703274

Just watched this video. What happened to "innovative combat" ? This is what MMO's 10 years ago did, and now adays isn't up to snuff. So bad. I watched other videos too, I haven't been watching them to not get caught in the hype / it might be good, I thought.

But no, watching videos now, they need to completely re-do the combat system.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It plays like KotOR. Shocker!

Nothing wrong with it at all.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the person who was playing this game:

A. Didn't use the cover system (unless it wasn't implemented yet)
B. Sucks at MMOs
C. Is lucky they had those mobs on easy, because he/she took a ton of damage.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing wrong but nothing new or impressive either. Personally i was expecting something else from this third installment but i guess i won't see anything else that's not similar to the old Kotor.
The only thing that i'm curios about is that whole holocron time-line explained. From the discovery of the Force to present game time.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently more interested in Guild Wars 2 then in SWTOR. Now how did that happen. o_O

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guild Wars 2 for sure, no monthly fee, and I played the original over 1000 hours.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That guy in the video doesn't really seem to be a player who actually knows how to play.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a Developer, I'd expect them to know how to play. :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
its funny how in MMOs they take direct shots and they dont die

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that's so, then yes, the game does look bad.

What I hate is the movement and other animations. They just have to remade (as if that'll ever happen).

its funny how in MMOs they take direct shots and they dont die
That's why MMORPGs should have the Jedi Knight series style character controlling.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^^^^^

So true, Jedi Academy is my favorite of the series for it's MP, and for it's SP I'll never forget...

"Stop that Jaden!" like x50.

The MP is so free-form, the duels epic, it's all about skill. I don't like ANY game that relies on RPG mechanics for shooting, it just ends up lame when I see a guy get shot in the head 50x over and not die, and the guy isn't some kinda super-secret bio-soldier, but a run of the mill human.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd expect that but that's really not true. I bet there's guys working at Ferrari who are not the best drivers in the world.

I've seen a lot of video reviews and Quick Looks on Giantbomb and I'm confident I'm a better gamer than most of the people working at those sites. Better gamer, not a better reviewer. Like how Bioware might have excellent developers and writers, but not so good players.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd expect that but that's really not true. I bet there's guys working at Ferrari who are not the best drivers in the world.

I've seen a lot of video reviews and Quick Looks on Giantbomb and I'm confident I'm a better gamer than most of the people working at those sites. Better gamer, not a better reviewer. Like how Bioware might have excellent developers and writers, but not so good players.
That's not really fair, not every player is going to be the best in the world, either. And yeah, but the Developer should know how to AT LEAST play their game / demonstrate it without looking like a DUMBASS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think he looked like a dumbass, I just don't think he played to your ridiculous standard of how a developer should play. o_O

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just if the guy who designed it is having trouble navigating the menu's, that's not exactly a good sign?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt he's really a developer.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's that bad really.

Point, click, hit buttons with abilities to attack. It's not really all that different to other MMO's, as for realism, it's the same playing WoW and no matter how many you hit the mob with your big pointy sword, it doesn't ever seem to bleed. That's just the dynamic of MMO's, it's not fun if a single shot to the head kills you, although I'll admit it's different watching a sword swing and a barrage of laser bullets, in that regard it's a tad silly.

And I don't think he's that bad? Sure he gets hit a lot, but he's obviously demo'ing the game and not really intending to masterfully duck and dodge his way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom