High School!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, high school! Ok for anyone who doesn't know this is my last year, and it got me thinking about life after high school:

- are they more interesting or more boring.
- Friends, will you lose them, or will you meet cooler people(high school friends aren't your life buddies?).
- Cliques - what happens to most cliques after highSchool - disband, still together, seeing often?
- Finding a job, getting your own place, be on your own, decide what you want -to do with your life (professionally), get good education(college) in the right subject and where to study.
- Making a living while being in college: A part time job is good. But how can it blend with your tight schedule from college and out of school activities. After all you need to buy food and pay the rent.
It also connects to this: what are usually the hours in college, are there any night classes, which hours the college classes usually takes place at, do you get days off college? For example every Tuesday there is no classes, etc...
- Also how are people after high school, more mature, still some douchbags, there will be still rivalries between people and groups and so on.
- A CAR WOOOT!!: Owning a car, or public transportation, after all we all know how expensive it is buying a car, maintaining it and so on. Maybe I should just use public transportation?
- Free time: when will I get to have fun if I will have a lot of responsibilities on my back?

This are just the questions going through my mind when I write this thread.

Everyone after high school can answer, and ofc this thread isnt only for me, it is also for other people like me, curious and clueless, who are about to finish Hschool, if its there 11th year or 12th.

Share your experience and your beliefs about the subject, <3 and P(Iss)eace

Last edited:
Best answers
POSITIVES:
1)If there's one thing I've learned about life after graduation... it's that those damn cliques that existed in highschool completely dissolve after you turn that tassel.

There were people I went to school with for 5 years, never talked to them a day in my life... and now I party with them every weekend. It opens connections and destroys boundaries. That's a positive.

2) You get a ****load more freedom, and that satisfaction of knowing you're not a child anymore adds to your maturity. People grow up, and that's a necessary thing.

3) FREE TIME. Nuff' said.

NEGATIVES:
1) People leave, friendships end, and the military will scoop up at least one friend of yours. It got my best friend... and now it has me. I see him once every 3-6 months if I'm lucky. In fact, he flew in for the first time in 3 months friday night and surprised us all. And he JUST left to go back to Florida about 2 hours ago. I won't see him until Thanksgiving and Christmas. After that? I probably won't see him again, seeing how I'll be in BMT for the Air Force.

2) Maturity: You're an adult now, you have responsibilities, and Uncle Sam has no problem "disciplining" someone if they **** around. Yeah, people grow up, like I said... but this is also true about you. Keep that in mind.

3)Free Time: Sometimes there's too much of it...

That's my take on it all at least.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You forgot to ask your self the most important question...
- Will there be Cake?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I graduated in 2004.

- are they more interesting or more boring.
Things are definitely more interesting. Your world expands to something more than just your hometown or the walls of your High School. Things also get a lot harder as well, so you've gotta be prepared for that.

- Friends, will you lose them, or will you meet cooler people(high school friends aren't your life buddies?).
You'll lose some. It all depends on how much you keep in contact with them and how much they do the same in return. My 4 best mates are still my 4 best mates though. You'll meet a lot of cool people too, either in your work place, college classes, or going out at night.

- Finding a job, getting your own place, be on your own, decide what you want -to do with your life (professionally), get good education(college) in the right subject and where to study.
Think back to the subjects you studied in high school. Was there one you had a particular nack for and picked up easily? One that you really enjoyed? Those are the subjects you should consider looking into. And if it requires a college degree then go for it. Your guidance counselor can help you there if he isn't a D-bag like mine was.

- Also how are people after high school, more mature, still some douchbags, there will be still rivalries between people and groups and so on.
Some get more mature, some become less. Some will still remain jerks. And if you've got a large enough group of people who have to interact with eachother on a daily basis anywhere, things get cliquey since that's just how man is.

- Free time: when will I get to have fun if I will have a lot of responsibilities on my back?
NEVAR! Did your teachers ever hammer into your head that time management is important? It's not just for class, it's important in life. If you go to college, you'll have to be able to set aside enough time outside of class/work to actually study the material. Weekends are usually the time to have fun, but that can be tough if you're working part time as well. If you do get a part time job where a lot of college students work, it's actually easy to get morning shifts since most want to sleep in on weekends. That gives you weekend nights to play with.

And once you get out of school completely and enter the working world? It all depends on the job you get. Our restaurant is a popular place to eat breakfast at during weekends, so I often have to work those while getting Mondays and Tuesdays off. A lot of jobs in the service industry have wonky hours instead of your typical 9-5 M-F hours. But it's not too bad, since my schedule is fluid, I can easily plan ahead and ask for a weekend off a couple weeks in advance if I want to go camping, travel, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom