help with video card

Best answers
a member told me to update my vid.card so i did but i didnt like the results so i went up to add/remove programs i deleted it and wen i restarted my comp. it had no color! ;( so now i have to keep this update even though i dont like the results if u have any way to fix this please help

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't like the updated drivers, try reinstalling your original graphics card drivers, from the CD that came with your gfx card.

Best answers
EnigmaHer0 said:
a member told me to update my vid.card so i did but i didnt like the results so i went up to add/remove programs i deleted it and wen i restarted my comp. it had no color! ;( so now i have to keep this update even though i dont like the results if u have any way to fix this please help
wow u know less thing in comp than i thaught >_<

wut do u mean by: i didnt like the results ? the resolution? the colors?

and dont unninstall drivers, unless u want to install new drivers, cuz without drivers, ur video card cant work :/

Best answers
well bofore on esf i could put the screen size in 500 times somethin but now i cant plus i got my comp as a gift it didnt come with a cd

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then your only solution is to search in GOOGLE for your updated graphics card drivers and install them again.

It was foolish to uninstall your gfx drivers, never do that unless you have them as backup.

Best answers
well i was lucky i still had the installer as for my update well even though i dont like it i guess ill have to keep it i liked my old one better though unless anyone has advice on how to get it back

ps.how do i put my screen size lower than 640 x 480 i want it in 500x somethin thats mainly the reason why i dont like the new video card

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I hope it's your ESF resolution that you're talking about! Go to CONFIGURATION > VIDEO > VIDEO MODES and change your resolution.

And if you're talking about your normal monitor resolution, god help you! Most monitors these days don't go below 640x480 for Windows OS.

Best answers
of course im talkin bout esf resolution im not stupid and wat i meant was that i already tried changin it but before i used to put it in below 600 reslution on esf with d3d but now it only goes up to 600

Best answers
i dont think Direct3D can go lower than 640x480, but if u want to play in 500x300 u still can in openGL

Best answers
it doesnt support it for some reason it USED to be able to go below 600 with d3d until u told me to d/l that crap thanks a lot majin buu

does anyone know how i can get d3d to go below 600 in resolution

Best answers
im sorry buu ur right i let my anger get the best of me but theres got to be way and playin below 600 did help my fps

Best answers
theres one way it MIGHT work, not 100% sure if it gonna work but maybe its gonna work, and me im on winXP and i dunno if theres that on other windows but try, u got nuthin to loose

right click on desktop/ properties/ settings/ advanced/ adapter/ properties/ driver/ roll back driver

try that, if it dont work, ull have to reinstall driver and get used to 640 or try to search for old drivers and i wont search for u this time :/

Best answers
no it didnt work please buu help me search please ur my only hope

i understand if u dont want to i acted pretty rudely but i appreciate u tryin to help but i really hope u help me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, if you cant run a game well in 640X800 then you just plain old need a new video card... or more ram. Best advice = save up $300 and get a new vid card and some ram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom