Help With Skins

Best answers
Hey all

Can anybody help me on converting textures in adobe photoshop to 8-bit? (256 colors) without loosing major loss of color and quality..i know there is a way to do this i just dont know how : :p

Thanks

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont think theres a way to do it completely, as your probably drawing in either 16, or 32 bit, therefor by taking it to 8 bit, your halving or even quartering the amount of colours that are available to the texture, so its gonna be hard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adobe photoshop->
Image->Mode->indexcolor then ok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TryForce said:
Adobe photoshop->
Image->Mode->indexcolor then... save as a 8 bit bitmap
Fixed just incase you couldnt figure out what to do next :yes:

Best answers
Thanks guys, it worked

This is more about animating than skinning but i dont want to create a new thread..does anybody know if you can animate in max then somehow export as a smd file? even better does anyone know an easy biped animating tut for max?

and one last thing, when im animating with milkshape, is there a way to set the keyframe "0" or something? and animation i made is totally smooth but when i compile the model and test them, it always ends up with the animation not looping properly because acording to the hlmv, the keyframe "0" is totally different from my animation and i dont know how to set it in milkshape..

either if this problem can be fixed or i move onto max to animate...thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom