Help with internet (Computer Problems?)

Best answers
First of all i'll point out a few things about my computer:
-2.6 GHz processor
-768 mb RAM
-ATI Radeon 9800 pro
-80 GB HD

If this could be a factor, i'm on a wireless network of 4 computers, but it hasn't ever been an issue.

Also I realize that this is not conerning ESF but I needed help (haven't been to these boreds in a while) and I remembrered that ESF has good people so...

Recently I've been playing WOW beta and it's been running fantastic. My computer has barely anything on it and it's only 3 1/2 months old.

Well today I thought, "Hey lets try some ol' Warcraft III." So loaded it up. Keep in mind that I played it w/ a friend about 4 days ago and it ran ok. So today I tried to play and I never lag, well I lagged awfully and I got disconected 5 times in a row!! After about 1 1/2 minutes of play no less. I've also been experiencing some internet lag...

So whats the deal?

Is it Ad or Spyware? If thats the case could someone suggest some free Ad and Spyware combatant programs...that work.

If its not either of those two...then what? Help please.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could try Ad-aware SE personal.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp <-- try that

have you tried getting rid of your cache? (tools>options etc)

I'll try to think of more solutions

PS- that saying in your profile where did you get that? 'I found a line, and then it grew
I found myself, still thinking of you
I felt so empty, and now i'm fine
But still its burning - when will you be mine?' <-- that

Best answers
Ok i'll take a look at the program and clear my cache.

And the quote is a Trapt song.

Trapt - Stories

I was quite addicted to Trapt for a while and overlistened to it. It's all pretty good but the problems in the cd that began to bug me were that the songs sounded similar and they didn't know when to end the songs ^^

Plus I just kind of like that quote because it applied to me for a while. Girl I couldn't stop thinkin about was goin out with a friend of mine - who just so happens to be a big bulking 270 pound nose guard ^^''.

Anyway, thanks m8.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amitron said:
Plus I just kind of like that quote because it applied to me for a while. Girl I couldn't stop thinkin about was goin out with a friend of mine - who just so happens to be a big bulking 270 pound nose guard ^^''.
Same, that's why I asked, there is this girl I'm crazy about, but she likes this other kid x.x

Also, has your computer been on often? Assuming you have Cable or DSL your internet is always on. Try completely turning off your computer, including your internet (or at least putting it on stand by) It should help. I had that problem a few times before.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The free version of Ad-aware puts more adware on your computer. They do that to get people to buy the full version. The only free ad removal program that I use is Spybot - Search and Destroy. It's an excellent program, and removes all/most of the adware/spyware on your computer.

Best answers
Ok, I tried to play WC III again and I disconnected...go 1-7!!! (I won the only game I was allowed to play through hooray!)

So now i'm going to try that other program and i'll try pheonix's shutdown suggestion.

*crosses fingers*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Also, has your computer been on often? Assuming you have Cable or DSL your internet is always on. Try completely turning off your computer, including your internet (or at least putting it on stand by) It should help. I had that problem a few times before.
Uhm... I doubt that's the problem bro. I leave my computer on 24/7 and it runs the exact same way it did when I bought it. Keep tryin though!
;)

Best answers
Well i'm still getting just ask lucky with my disconnects...

I suppose it will work better sometime else...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could try asking Hybrid. Usually in my server he has like 50ish ping.

I saw him in a server with me with over 300 ping. No clue why. Try asking him. His internet was screwed up for some unknown reason, ( i don't know why he might) So ask him. Maybe you are having the same problem

PS- for him, sometimes it would work great, others it would suck

Best answers
Amnestometh said:
The free version of Ad-aware puts more adware on your computer. They do that to get people to buy the full version.
Untrue, I've been using the free version since it's release and have never had a problem. Ad-Aware is a legitimate programme.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Nemesis said:
Untrue, I've been using the free version since it's release and have never had a problem. Ad-Aware is a legitimate programme.
Agreed. I have used the free ad-aware SE personal since i got this computer. Has been working great for the 3 months i have had it. Keeps everything i need away. Besides. WHy in the world would an ADWARE program put ADWARE INTO their program?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, try uninstalling it. It puts a crap load of adware on your pc. Of course they wouldn't put adware on your pc for using their product, but they put adware on your pc for removing it. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Yeah, try uninstalling it. It puts a crap load of adware on your pc. Of course they wouldn't put adware on your pc for using their product, but they put adware on your pc for removing it. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
Do you have proof that these accusations against these ad-aware programs having spy-ware and adware in them? Because Well let me see, 1. Norton doesn't pick them up 2. Trendmicro doesn't pick them up 3. Ad-aware SE doesn't pick them up. And Symantec doesn't pick them up.

So as of yet i don't believe you. You have stated no proof.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't believe me if you don't want to. I don't really care. If you're going to act that way, then I kind of hope you get adware. And Norton wasn't meant to pick up adware/spyware. And, duh, ad-aware wouldn't show you the adware that it installed, it's foolish to assume so. And Symantec is the name of the company that created Norton, incase you didn't know.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You guys actually get spyware? How do you manage..

Are you sure it's not the BLIZZARD servers crapping out? I know EVERYONE is playing WoW lately, perhaps the servers are just overloaded.

Try switching servers maybe? (if you can)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
You guys actually get spyware? How do you manage..
Heh, with all the protective crap on my computer, I freak out if i get a pop up. :D Which hasn't happened yet. And how would playing a game mess up your computers speed in general. If it was the servers, would only the servers lag, he said he also gets it when he's not playing a game. that wouldn't cause his entire internet to malfunction.

PS- I must be a nobody because i'm not playing WoW :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, in that case, what's your network signal strength?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom