Help with ESF

Best answers
I need serious help with ESF When I try to play it (I wanted to play a bot match) It comes up an error saying:

could not load libary C: \SIERRA\Half-life/ESF/cl_dlls/client.dll

Is there a way to play ESF without steam

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What version of ESF are you running?

1.2.3 is the newest version

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you tried reinstalling hl and or esf or both ? it mite be that your esf installer may be screwed (it gets like that when there are heaps of people tryying to get the dam file at once , just like when 1.2 1st came out , that was as hell to get a working install for some people i remember) as far as i know , 1.2.3 soes no chane wat so ever to the client dll , just map fixes and a new map (esf_arrival , nice map , even thou i don't play on it much)

EDIT: just get steam if u intend on playying online , in my opinion it works better on steam , plus if you intend on getting evm , get steam coz it was tested on steam and may not work on won , if you are unsure on how to set hl up on steam , just go to the steam site , there's forums there and faqs

Best answers
I tried re-installing esf before i posted the topic and it still didn't work

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's probably your windows setup , reformat

edit: You noob , you didn't even try re-dowloading the install did you , these are the only 3 answers to your question , i can gurantee it , plus , you should try reinstalling hl , stupid noob , you didn't "read" my last post properly i guess

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overlord, when are you going to stop being such a jackass to everyone and actually be nice for once?

ANyway, to answer the question, you cant run ESF without steam. So install Steam and Half-Life again if you need too. Run Half-Life through steam so Steam can get it recognized. Then download and install ESF 1.2.3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
difine your meaning of nice , i mean , you have been a jackass to me latley , but those dam noobs should learn the search move and/or take some of the advice that has been stated for them , lol

edit: i just seem to be showing more mpd moods again

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is no reason to post like that.

Next time, think before pressing the post button.

Best answers
I finally got it working, all i need was the half-life patch it now working, but i can see the aura around my character when I do turbo, it just makes him transparent if any1 knows the solution to this problem tell me. :)

Oh and SAIYAN_OVERLORD You dont have to be a prick all the time to people who are just asking questions.

Thank you Logan289 for helping me

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you running in software? If so change to opengl or direct3d - ESF doesn't support software.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not working because the SIERRA folder is not where you should be installing it to. Find the steam folder and put it in Half-Life...

Best answers
can u also tell me how can i fix my mp3 player on the game i cant listen to any music when im playing. Do i need steam just to listen to music while im playing or what

oh im not playing this online yet so yeah

Best answers
I got ESF working thanks [SAS]Orion for the help

Same here Vampire I want to play EVM but i dont know what files i need to download

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom