Help stop Internet Censorship

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It must remain free.

Piracy will always be around. Even if this passed. Public sites will go away, but there are countless ways to hide private sites, especially due to the way torrenting works, you really can't just shut down torrent sites and piracy is gone.

But like Grega said, if this passes, YouTube would literally lose about 99.9% of it's videos.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the other hand, if this bill passes, game developers won't have any excuse for not making PC games or for doing crappy ports of the console versions.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, there is no positive.

They already have no excuse. Piracy isn't an excuse, it's not valid, this is a widely accepted fact even within the game industry. The thing is the audience for consoles is larger, and developing games for them is very easy...profit margins are also much better.

DLC used to be free...then came consoles...and now DLC is 9.99$ for everything. They found out people would pay for what we used to get for free. Of course they'd go to consoles.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the other hand, if this bill passes, game developers won't have any excuse for not making PC games or for doing crappy ports of the console versions.
Piracy is a lot of times a substitute advertisement system. A lot of people who illegally download a game and love what they see, will end up buying the game. That especially helps companies that cant really afford EA style advertising campaigns, but manage to make a superb game. The news of that game is spread 80% over pirate networks. And as a result gets extra sales to the game.

But if you create a crappy game, then dont expect much sales in the first place. Its that scenario that makes companies start to whine about piracy, because they are only making an excuse for the failed product.

Another example would be anime. More specifically, because of the Yugioh abridged series, the interest for the original anime skyrocketed as a result. Yet it would still fall as flagged material under this law.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Right now you should be getting all the information you can get your hands on, because if this law comes to pass. Say good bye to the language of the 20th century.

Also, I don't think they will have enough time to do any of this advanced filtering, unless US intelligence have already looked into this (in secret as always).

They can barely manage to contain the people in this physical life, pepper spraying peaceful students and an 84 year old woman.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hate my country.... and others... I personally don't like the world governments in general. But I clicked and voted.
This is ridiculous. HUNDREDS of music sites will be gone :p

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom