HELP!! Server doesn't recognize my reserved name

Best answers
Ok, here's the senario. I have two computers networked to a router. Both are Windows XP. One computer runs my HLDS.exe server and the other is what I play on. Since the server list won't detect my dedicated server, I have to go through console and use "slist" to display the servers on my network. I have always been able to connect and enter my server this way.

Yesterday, however, I decided it was time for a reformat to clear some of the old crap that is bogging my system down. I wiped my computer clean and installed a fresh copy of half-life. I have adminMod running on the server machine and I have my adminpass.cfg configured correctly because I backed it up before the reformat. Now when I try "slist" in the console, it will list my server. I type "connect 1" like I always have to connect to it, but now instead of going into the server, I now get "Reserved name not valid" (this is the msg I have entered in server.cfg for ppl trying to use unauthorzied reserved names).

I am trying this with 0/8 slots filled. I took away the adminpass.cfg file on my playing computer and commented out (//) the username: password:access_level in users.ini on the server computer and then I finally got connected. But if I leave those commands in, then it doesn't work. I've got my router configured to open ports 27000-27016 for the server's ip address. I can't figure out the problem. What bugs me is that it worked perfect before the reformat. Nothing has changed on the server machine, just on my playing computer. Plz help

btw, other admins outside my network can connect to my server just fine. Its only me who is having this problem... =\

Best answers
This happened to me several times, all I do is remove the reserved nickname lol. Who really needs it? if you use your wonid to auth to your admin account, its all good.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your adminpass won't always properly execute. Try joining the server under a different name, executing the adminpass, and then changing your name.

Best answers
Ok, well here's the thing thing though... I use wonID : password : access level. So its not with my name. And I've checked to make sure its the right wonID as well. I just dont get it. Could there be loss of data since I'm doing with connecting to the server over my network? Does it go out to the ISP then back into my router to the server?

Best answers
We already explained to you it has nothing to do with your network. If its happened to me (im not on a network) then it odviously has nothing to do with it. Either suggestion given should work fine.

Best answers
Just remove the password from the equation.

set your users.ini like

WonID::AccessLevel

Best answers
yea do what PT Mars says....i use that for my servers all the time...so i dont get mixed up with names and passwords....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom