Help Please No Console with Counterstrike!

Best answers
Hello all I tried posting this in the noob section but didnt get any answer.Please help me I have ESF installed and working and also installed the bot-pack did everything like the instructions said (put the dll file in the ESF\dll folder) and changed the liblist exactly as stated in the read me. And have tried everything from the -console command to -dev -game esf -console in the shortcut.I have even made different shortcuts and edited them but to no avail its like counterstrike has no console I keep getting " The Name C:\Program Files\Valve\CounterStrike\csrtike.exe -console (or whatever) Specified in the target box is not valid make sure the path and filename are correct. Am running winblows 98 on an Atholon 1600+ with 256 DDR and am using the original Counter strike cd that I got with my ATI 8500 128 that has counterstrike,Halflife uplink,halflife deathmatch,and team fortress classic.

Please help me here.

And thanks in advance Kamicollo

Best answers
Originally posted by Kamicollo
Hello all I tried posting this in the noob section but didnt get any answer.Please help me I have ESF installed and working and also installed the bot-pack did everything like the instructions said (put the dll file in the ESF\dll folder) and changed the liblist exactly as stated in the read me. And have tried everything from the -console command to -dev -game esf -console in the shortcut.I have even made different shortcuts and edited them but to no avail its like counterstrike has no console I keep getting " The Name C:\Program Files\Valve\CounterStrike\csrtike.exe -console (or whatever) Specified in the target box is not valid make sure the path and filename are correct. Am running winblows 98 on an Atholon 1600+ with 256 DDR and am using the original Counter strike cd that I got with my ATI 8500 128 that has counterstrike,Halflife uplink,halflife deathmatch,and team fortress classic.

Please help me here.

And thanks in advance Kamicollo
It should be cstrike.exe make sure the target line (i.e. the words that point to where the counter strike exe is) is correct. Otherwise the program won't load. Normally counter strike is in C:/sierra/counter-strike

Best answers
I am using cstrike.exe but the path is C:\Program Files\Valve\CounterStrike\cstrike.exe this is the free counterstrike cd that came with my ATI 8500 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom