Help on a model

Best answers
Well, I this is my second model ever (Goku SSJ3), and I've just only done the head. Oh yeah, I'm using MS3D. Well, when I smoothed out the vertices, it was like the head got burnt.

There, the black places on his face. Is it supposed to be like that or have I done something wrong. Can anyone shine some light on this matter? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hit right mouse button on the 3d view and uncheck "draw backfaces" . then you see some polys disapear, they're just flipped. Select those polygons and hit ctrl+shift+f or "edit-> flip polygon/tri"

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
yeah, depending on if you create a face clockwise or the other way around, you create it "normal" or backfacing.
Sometimes its annoying but sometimes its really handy ;)

Best answers
Thanks guys. Really helped me out alot, I thought I had to re-do the model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in later versions of milshape there is a "unify" tool, (you may or may not have to download it. i just know the version i used first didnt have it)

select the entire model and hit unify and it will turn all of the faces on each group the same direction, now it may turn ALL of them backwards, but now you dont have to select the individual faces to flip them all back.

Best answers
or you can do what i do, remember what view your on and only do that side, front and back of the model,then use the Mirror tool. todo that you hit CTRL+D and you duplacate the half and hit mirror to side and bam :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom