Help needed plz :O

Best answers
I downloaded ESF and at first I wasn't sure how I'm supposed to enter the HL mod, but I guess you simply do that by the icon that appears on your desktop, right -_- but I mean, if i enter HL that way, and like, I click on the "Console" button on the top left, so it gives me this error message:

"Could not load library ESF\cl_dlls\client.dll"

the file *is* there, so I have no idea what the problem might be
if I try starting a single player game without clicking the "console" button it gives the same error message

in both cases it quits the game right after doing that

i dont have a problem in starting a single player HL game if I enter the game via the HL exe

help plz!

thx ~

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Your client.dll is probably corrupt, re-install ESF if that doesn't work, re-download ESF.

Best answers
Uhh..
Wouldnt it be smarter to simply re-download the file? :)

um, in case anybody here has ICQ or MSN, could u please send me that file, or perhaps give me a link to a site where I might find that dll file, i'd be very thankful

MSN: [email protected]

thx ppl ~

Best answers
Well, I have no idea what Fmod is, but I simply installed the latest half-life patch and now it works alright - at least, it enters the game

but I wanna try and play with bots, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to start a game with those..
I downloaded the bot thingy, placed it in the ESF folder, activated it, ran the game, but since I dont have a halflife valid CD key (i do have it but at a friends house and I just really wanna see the game right now :O) I can't create a server..

Is there a way to play with bots in a 'single-playerish' way?

thx~

Best answers
create a server (lan or internet game)
and press = for the bot menu or type addbot in console

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

just for you this time, Cresfy

Cresfy said:
Well, I have no idea what Fmod is
that's the dll which says much games (ESF, too) howto play mp3s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom