help me plz

Best answers
ok to make a map i know i need valve hammer editor but i just want to make a simple map so i can learn how it all works at first. Do i need to install half life and esf. I did have these on my computer before but have just wiped everything on my computer because it wasent working.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you need hl/esf to test your maps, and you need some .wad files for textures and the esf fgd file and hullfile
if you have those you dont need hl or esf installed unless you want to test the map ingame :p

Best answers
ok i have started building my first map but everytime i compile it when i go back to change it somemore the 3d view dosent work do you know how i can fix this

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3d view, you mean mapviewer?
could be becours of 2 reasons.
1) you dont have .net firework
2) the compiling failed.
check thow's 2 things. ^_^

Best answers
Thanks i have it working now. But i have another problem when i apply a texture to a little brush thats going to be an exit sign above a door the word exit is spelled backwards do you know how i can fix this

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, minor problem. Just select the face of the brush with the texture tool, and add or subtract 180 from the rotation.

Best answers
thanks. ok now im trying the vertex manipulation thing ok ive drawn a box and selected it then clicked on the vertex manipulating tool and the selected a vertex but when i try to drag it it just creates a box and it says in the tut i should just be able to press the arrow keys and move a vertex but that just moves the screen do i need to hold down a button to move the vertex's or something like that plz help me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vertex tool realy six, beleave me.
it's better to use the clip tool, that doesn't give you error's so easely.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you would actually know how to use it, the vertex system outrules clipping. Actually, clipping is a basic form of vertex manipulation. Be sure to use it. It's great for creating landscapes and smooth stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom