Help me please

Best answers
Ok guys I'm back im very on and off esf(quiting and unquiting esf.).
Ok, heres the situation whenever i play esf i find it very frustrating ok while meleeing during the kind of cut scene sequence where you enter commands, the screen goes out of place and i can't see what my character is doing and the same thing happens when somebody advance melees me please help i appreciate any kind of help and i think if we can fix this problem for me i will continue to play no problem :laff:

Anyways, Thanks in advance
sstrunks9914

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's one way to fix it: Wait for the ESF open beta.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok guys I'm back im very on and off esf(quiting and unquiting esf.).
Ok, heres the situation whenever i play esf i find it very frustrating ok while meleeing during the kind of cut scene sequence where you enter commands, the screen goes out of place and i can't see what my character is doing and the same thing happens when somebody advance melees me please help i appreciate any kind of help and i think if we can fix this problem for me i will continue to play no problem :laff:

Anyways, Thanks in advance
sstrunks9914
Does this happen every time you go into a advanced melee duel?

Best answers
sure ill try anyways let met get to re installing it i just wanted a quick answer no offence just that ok the screen is normal () then you see this happen o
___() (_____ piture the screen shaking around into nothing ness when the screen focuses off the game

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure ill try anyways let met get to re installing it i just wanted a quick answer no offence just that ok the screen is normal () then you see this happen o
___() (_____ piture the screen shaking around into nothing ness when the screen focuses off the game
Reinstalling it might work. I forgot to ask, but are you using ESF Beta 1.2.3?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it it could be of you video optin it could be on SOFTWARE and that will explane that

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
John is right. Thats a problem with the graphics mode setting.

Its pretty common. All you have to do is go to options. Than Video settings and switch the Video mode setting. Right now you have it on software and thats the worst you can choose. Set it to Open GL (best option) but if Open GL doesn't want to work select Direct 3D.

In any case you should avoid software mode like the devil ^^

Best answers
Thanks guys im currently am in software mode lol please close this topic thanks

Best answers
wait a sec hold everything i get an error message when i go to open gl that is the mode selected is not supported now playing the game in software mode please help?!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems to me you don't have the drivers needed for OpenGL installed. Try reading this.
It's a thread I made a while ago about OpenGL. And as Grega said, if you can't get OpenGL to work use Direct3D, it's the next best thing. Although it may lag a little.

Oh and try not to double post. There's an edit button if you forgot to add something to your post or something comes up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems to me you don't have the drivers needed for OpenGL installed. Try reading this.
It's a thread I made a while ago about OpenGL. And as Grega said, if you can't get OpenGL to work use Direct3D, it's the next best thing. Although it may lag a little.

Oh and try not to double post. There's an edit button if you forgot to add something to your post or something comes up.
OpenGL is built into Half-Life... It's the graphics engine for the game... No drivers needed...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno, once I tried to run it in OpenGL and it said my graphics card didn't support it, then I installed my GFX drivers and it worked.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OpenGL is built into Half-Life... It's the graphics engine for the game... No drivers needed...
While Open GL is built into HL you still need drivers for your card to use it.

Basically update your GFX drivers. That should solve the Open GL problem.

But if it doesn't you'll have to select Direct 3D

Strange how almost no one remembers this error. It was pretty common when 1.2 was freshly released ^^ Guess the community is changing to a new generation XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I remember it, it's been a major pain in the ass for me ever since 1.2 came out...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Update your drivers, Keep it in Direct 3D for the time being.
To update your drivers follow this thread:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=67311

If you have formatted and haven't installed the correct drivers for your video card, And only using the Default XP ones,
Would not surprise me with errors popping up.
Do other games work fine?
Try finding and Downloading GLMark to see if it is the Open GL API causing the issues.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm, dude, don't wanna offend you or anything, it's great that you've found these drivers and all, but I think it would be better off for him to install his own, which he got with his motherboard and/or GFX card. That way, he knows that he's not installing anything outdated or maybe too new for his card. Do it, man. It will help. Take it from us.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Too new for his card? In general its always advised to have the latest drivers for your graphics card, as it adds new functionality and squishes bugs.
Not to mention Performance increases.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but there's lots of ATI GFX cards. There's RADEON 9200, 9600, 9800 etc. Same goes for Nvidia. And the drivers for 9800 won't work with 9200. That's what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom