HELP! dlls/cl_dll error!

Best answers
well i tried to load up ESF for the first time from downloading it from gamershell, but when i did a box came up that said that it could not find cl_dll or something. so i checked my dlls and cl_dll folders and theres nothing in it! can anyone help me out here? I think it may be just a missing file, but i may be wrong, if it IS a missing file could someone give me the cl_dll files and dlls? i'd appreciate it a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it ESF for Steam or Half-Life o_O? If its for Half-Life then look in the help section for the Help Sticky Thread or read one of the posts by BeaR a few threads away from this one :] Download the fmod.dll file from ESF-World and stick it in your Half-Life folder (eg., C;\Sierra\Half-Life or C;\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life or whatever it is) if its for Half-Life. If its for STEAM read that thread made by BeaR, someone answered your question there ;)

Best answers
not working, I downloaded the fmod.dll and put it in my(WON) SIERRA\half-life\ dir and my(STEAM) steam half-life\ dir but i'm still getting the "can't find cl_dll file library load problem." is there supposed to be anything in the cl_dlls folder or dlls folder at all? because for me, there isn't.

Best answers
I don't HAVE a client_dll file, or a dlls file ,i have a cl_dll folder though, but nothing in it! thats why i thought i was missing a file. Could you possibly send me the cl_dll file or dlls file?

Best answers
could not locate C:/SIERRA/HALF-LIFE/esf/cl_dll/client.dll or somethinf like that, thats what it's saying.

Retired
Best answers
Don't double post...
The bottom of the first post has what you need to know, basicly make sure you are updated in Halflife and ESF and if that doesn't work odds are you need fmod

Best answers
dude u posted more times than i do...lol yea try downloading it again or at a different place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom