HD Probs

Best answers
Ok..heres the deal...i recently got bf 1942...now every time i would play it i would have the lil warning sign thing saying that i was running low on virtual memory...after a lil bit after i closed the game tho it would go away and all was well...anyway...i chalked that up to the high expectancies of the game so i allowed more memory on the hd to be used because the only time i get that prob is when i would play bf...well..last night i left my computer on dling stuff from bittorrent as i have done since i found out about bittorrent...but this afternoon when i got home from work i went to bring my comp back from the screen saver and it wouldnt do anything...it wasnt frozen because bittorrent was still working and making progress on the dls..buyt it was making a wierd scratching noise...well i went to right click and refresh my desktop and it took FOREVER for the menu to come up...so i decided just to shut it off and restart...well when i restarted my hd started making wierd scratching noises again...when it got to the windows xp load screen it took it like 15 mins to load...and even then it went straight to scan disk instead of windows....its been doing scandisk for about an hr and a half now and found A LOT of unreadable...now..i know this is really bad...but i wanna know if its fixable or if i am gonna just have to scrap that hd and buy a new one...which if i do its gonna suck ass because i just formatted not two weeks ago ;/ :S

Best answers
Sounds, bad you might be able to get it working with a defrag...or if that doesnt work you could try looking for some viruses/spyware.

Other then that id say format :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom