Have any odd quirks?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, this is not the same as the 'What grinds your gears' thread. It's for weird things, things that most people wouldn't have.

I have what I consider to be quite a strange quirk. It really bothers me, when I offer someone a piece of gum, and they take the window piece. I don't know why, but it just really bugs me.

For those who don't know what the window piece is. It's the piece of gum that is visible when the cover is on the package because of the way the package is designed.

Notice the semi-circle cut in the package allowing you to see half the piece of gum when the cover is fully on.

Here is a better example,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Yep, vacuum cleaners. I hate them to death. Its odd, whenever my mom vacuums my room i become relaly pissed off and depressed.

Throws my whole day off <_<

nge

Best answers
I always have chapstick and breath-spray or gum on me. Often, several rolls or packs.

I guess I'm bothered subconciously by bad breath and chapped lips?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to say I am quirked by numbers like 22, 33, 44, 55, 66.. etc... dunno why.

Best answers

Sorry if this offends anyone but I hate... stuff like that. Stomachs just bulging. Can't stand it. Makes me mad for the entire day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus, you know that if you turn the packet containing the gum around, the window peice is restored...

I cant stand it when the wind blows my hair across my face. I usually carry a comb with me so I can fix it after walking between lectures.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I have to take my pants off when I'm programming.

Not sure why, maybe the extra airflow makes me more efficient or something...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Optimus, you know that if you turn the packet containing the gum around, the window peice is restored...
I know that, and I do that, but it's the principle of the matter. Which is why it's so weird in the first place.

Best answers
I always have a comb with me.

I feel naked if I don't have an undershirt that is long-sleeved on.

I can't stand Caterpillars. They are the most retarded thing ever.

These green white-board markers smell like complete ass and they ruin my entire day.

I always have to have a blanket with me, unfortunately at school I can't so I get annoyed.

Best answers
Kurt` said:
I have to take my pants off when I'm programming.

Not sure why, maybe the extra airflow makes me more efficient or something...

Lmfao

I have too many quirks to list here

I hate when people do things they think are cute ... but actually arent cute .. and infact irritate the piss out of me.

EX a friend of mine says "Chuuuuu" everytime something is bugging her, and she does the whole slouch shoulder thing while saying it... and seriously ... every time she does it .. I want to kick her in the face. Now .. I wouldnt ever hit her .. but DAMNIT **** **** BALLS ****. its annoying. like .. It just burns a fire inside my chest that screams Slap that *****, like you wouldnt believe. It gives me an instant migrane.

but since im not a total **** I just pretend like nothings bothering me.. cause she really likes doing it cause she thinks its cute, and it would like destroy her soul if she new how badly it pissed me off.

which inturn .. pretending like it doesnt piss me off .. pisses me off even more.

Also .. I hate being late .. with a passion.
I wont start any tedious paperwork unless I have enough time to finish it without jepardising my being on time somewhere

I hate pubic hair. seriously .. ew, and I dont really care what anyone else thinks about that .. its just ****ing ew.

I don't like shaving my face on tuesdays... dont ask. I just don't like it

I HATE ****ERS who shine their brites in my rear view mirror. Seriously .. last time some one did that to me .. I slammed my breaks on, spun my car around on a 2 way, 4 lane highway, blasted this ****er in the face with my brites, then spun around again, and followed him for 8 miles with my brights on, changing lanes every time he did, and everytime a car drove towards us, I shut my brites off, and when it was by I turned them back on .. just like he did to me .. then eventually b4 i got bored, I just flashed my brites like 200 times then held them down .. so he got blasted by my headlamps, brites and fog lights, then shut my brites off, and then he pulled off the road.

god that was fun.

=p

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remembered another quirk. Whenever I eat, and I have a can of pop with my meal, I never, literally never open my pop and take a sip until I am done eating. That way, I ensure I don't run out of something to drink, before I've finished my meal. o_O

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine would be, women with high heels. I can't stand the sound of those things, tic tac tic tac tic tac.... It drives me insane and ruins my day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O Odd quirks you guys have.

Anyway. I tend to crack my joints a lot. Fingers, elbows, neck. :O

And I tend to look at people from the corner of my eye a lot, without turning my head, like you see people do in anime a lot. o_O I've no idea why I do it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Remembered another quirk. Whenever I eat, and I have a can of pop with my meal, I never, literally never open my pop and take a sip until I am done eating. That way, I ensure I don't run out of something to drink, before I've finished my meal. o_O
Ahh yeah, I do the same thing actually... also I generally eat only 1 thing at a time.

e.g. If I have McDonalds, I'll eat the Bic Mac first, then all the fries, then the drink last

I don't know why but I've always done it. Possibly because I would always segregate foods I didn't like as a kid (mashed potates, green beans, etc.), and eat all the foods I did like first xD

Best answers
I hate it when i'm just doing my thing, and someone comes sitting next to me, eating very very loudly. I'll be pissed for hours.

Another thing, I hate.. HATE it when people stare at me while im eating.

Best answers
When I drive, I ALWAYS have the windows down, rain / sleet / snow / sun it doesnt matter, my windows are down, and my left arm is probly hanging out the window. Which makes things interesting because I drive a stick shift, and I hardly use my breaks, I perfer to downshift. Also .. I like staring people in the eyes while i take turns too hard.

I dont really get cold.

I like calling soda from a can "pop" and it irritates me when people give me a hard time about it, even though I live in the middle of bum **** nowhere.

I like going out for drives between 2 and 6 am

I CANNOT eat cranberry sauce if it isnt jellied, and if it is jellied, I have to use a fork or a knife to cut the perfectly round peices of jellied cranberry sauce [it has to be perfectly cut] into little cubes, and then I eat them.... I wont eat it unless i go through that little process, for some reason its a huge deal to me.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I hate hearing people chew.

I hate being touched while I'm asleep. (people who shake me to wake me up, I'll wake up swinging my fists as a reflex)

I hate when people do the smallest, harmless, most innocent things that has to do with mypossession, whether it's beneficial or not, without asking, it just kills me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Kurt` said:
Ahh yeah, I do the same thing actually... also I generally eat only 1 thing at a time.

e.g. If I have McDonalds, I'll eat the Bic Mac first, then all the fries, then the drink last

I don't know why but I've always done it. Possibly because I would always segregate foods I didn't like as a kid (mashed potates, green beans, etc.), and eat all the foods I did like first xD
I do the exact same thing. I always start with the burger (Big Mac ftw), then fries and the drink last. I cant stand it when my sister puts a fork in a knife "pocket" in the dishwasher.

I cant stand it when poeple tell me what to do every 5 seconds. Especially at my friends house. Theres this little kid who sucks at games but insists on telling me every turn, corner, cheat and monster in the game, even when i have finsished the game a hundred times.

I hate it when people dont listen when Im talking and right after I explained something that they wanted to know they ask: Sorry, what did you say?"

I cant stand the feeling of chalk. It drives me completely insane. It ruins my whole day if I have to touch chalk.

I hate it when people get upset if a "non-english" person makes a spelling mistake or grammar mistake.

There are a few more but these are the main quirks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Oh yea, I also hate hate hate hate hate hate being interrupted. yarrr

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, this is becoming like the thread of grinding gears. It's not what you hate or others do that you hate, but what little quirks you possess.

I do the same as Kurt when it comes to eating. I only eat one thing at a time and just circle through it. If I somehow start with meat first though, I'll save one or two bites for last. The last part of any meal I have that contains meat should be meat.

I also apparently dance around in my seat when I eat sandwiches. I've been busted doing this by my parents, friends, significant others... I was told I've been doing it ever since my parents can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom