Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Best answers
Two days from the release of the movie. I'm not a big fan of the HP movies, maybe because I love the books. (And just want the darned thing to END already).

I'm not going to watch this movie. Not atleast until I can rent it on DVD. Because they change far too much. Yes 700+ Pages can become a 20 hr movie, but then again....

What I'm writing now maybe a spoiler to those who havent read the books and just follow the movies :p

SPOILERS

From what I've seen of it on the "HBO first look", They've made a few changes. For one thing, 12 Grimmauld Place can be seen by tapping a walking stick in front of it a few times (wtf?). Duelling has been taken with a new spin, it actually seemed good enough. But really, the preview spoke of Umbridge like she's only trying to do whats good, and thats she isnt as sinister as we like to think. But they chose a good actress for Umbridge (Imelda Staunton). Yeah, I hate her high pitch just as Jo expects everyone to. lol. The Centaur scene seems pwnage. And yes, the fireworks. that is actually worth watching. If anything, this'll be better than any of the previous movies. And the actors do seem a bit younger in this. I mean, they havent been made to look over 19 when they should be just 15.
They didnt show the veil, not sure if they did in some trailer though. The Atrium rocks. they got the statues of the Goblin, Elf, man and Centaur just right. the finale between Voldy and Dumbledore was hyped up. But I didnt see any of it still. I want to see that scene. And yes, Sirius.
The Black family tree looks really good. Its all over the walls in this huge room, complete with pictures and whatnot. Sirius's name can be seen on it but not his picture. His mom blasted just the picture off.
And no, I didnt see Dumblebore's office. I wanted to see what Phineas looks like.

Oh and I caught a look at the Department of Mysteries too. Looks great.
And Bellatrix Lestrange... she looks like a Biker babe lol.

That was all mine, based on the preview.
Here's the IMDB link.

I'm just waiting for the 21st and the Deathly Hallows. Movie can wait though. Worth a watch, but it wont be that much better than the book is going to be.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no force on earth that'll stop me seeing this movie. I'm sure some bits will disappoint, but so far it looks like they've kept a LOT of things intact. The first trailer with Harry on a broomstick zooming through London made me think they had abandoned the Thestrals, but later trailers show them in it. I heard about a test-viewing of the scene where Harry has to write lines with the evil quill that carves into your hand. I hear the audience was dead silent in that scene; apparently it's suspenseful and maddening, as it should be.

One thing I worry for though is Voldemort. Throughout the series, book and film, Voldemort has been made to seem frightening to the imagination. He is a fairly 1 dimensional, but a truly terrifying character with an aura of intense charisma...at least in the book. In the trailer we see ol' flat face at least twice, and that air of fear is gone. The part where he's speaking to Harry in the trailer ("Harry Potter...you will lose...everything...") looks like he's casually leaning against a wall, or otherwise crouched over in an avoidant mood. He just feels like another bad guy, and the sense of power we're supposed to feel from him isn't there. Now that he's been given form he looks vulnerable, mortal, human...I just feel he needs that creepiness from the book that makes his rare appearances so awe-inspiring.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pass. I intend to read these someday, just so I can ridicule it... it's kinda like the Bible.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I intend to read these someday, just so I can ridicule it... it's kinda like the Bible.
Spoiler Alert!: Jesus dies in the end! O_O

I've always been a little disappointed with the Potter movies but I'll still watch this one. They are, after all, slowly getting better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great. Just ****ing great. You like, ruined the entire book, *******.

...how's he die?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not funny guys...really...

As far as the movies, I'm generally fine with them. There's a huge difference between a book and a screenplay. The only one I've had a problem with was Prisoner of Azkaban, and that was mainly because they changed the terrain so drastically. I always preferred a "flat" Hogwarts from the two that preceded it as opposed to the elevated rolling hills Hogwarts.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!

i still think the best ever ending to the harry potter series (film wise) would be for a giant hand drawn foot to crush everyone, and for eric idle to say "and now for something completely different".

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I for one totally enjoy the movies. They're not the same as the books of course, but I enjoy them anyway. Just kinda fun to see some of the scenes play out visually.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoiler Alert!: Jesus dies in the end! O_O

I've always been a little disappointed with the Potter movies but I'll still watch this one. They are, after all, slowly getting better.
actually it's more around a bit after the middle >_>

Anyway, as always I'm really easily pleased when it comes to movies, so I'll likely see it if I have friends wanting to go.

Best answers
At first I was "Meh, this is going to be like all the Harry Potter movies"

Which is the exact same thing I say at every talk about a new HP movie

Then I watch the trailer and I was "Wow, I can't wait to see it"

Which is the exact same thing I say at every HP trailer.

Am I going to see it in a rush, yes. Is it going to be worth my own hype? No.

Best answers
I know what you mean, lol.
When HP4 came out, I was like, meh.

Then I did go. twice even!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first I was "Meh, this is going to be like all the Harry Potter movies"

Which is the exact same thing I say at every talk about a new HP movie

Then I watch the trailer and I was "Wow, I can't wait to see it"

Which is the exact same thing I say at every HP trailer.

Am I going to see it in a rush, yes. Is it going to be worth my own hype? No.
Well at least you're being honest about it.

Best answers
Alright so I saw the movie and it was good. Best HP book to film so far.

I was satisfied with it. That's all I have to say.

Best answers
Any changes that were unsatisfying?
They went through all the events in the book, but as expected (Since it's a movie) didn't really go through all the motions of the dance.

Nothing unsatisfying to be honest

Luna Lovegood was by far the best sight for my eyes on-screen. The actress played her flawlessly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. There were understandable scene cuts, but they didn't hold too much gravity in the overall story anyway. I thought Dolores Umbridge's actor was amazing. She's EXACTLY what is described in the book, from her *hem hem* to her sickeningly sweet demeanor. They even showed Kreacher in this, the first house-elf seen in a HP film since Chamber of Secrets. He never really got his big scene in the film though. The Department of Mysteries was shrunk into just the Hall of Prophecy and the Death Room, but it worked out alright.

*SPOILERS*

Really, I thought they did a great job of the Voldemort vs. Dumbledore fight. It wasn't overdone and lasted about the same amount of time as the book version. And of course, I felt that this version of the final struggle for Harry's mind afterward had much more gravity than the book version. In this one, while having his mind invaded by Voldy himself, we see him gain strength from memories of his friends and give a pretty impressive mini-monologue telling him HE was weak, and would never know love or friendship and that he felt SORRY for him. Of course, I love how they changed this scene so that everyone is present as Voldemort re-materializes; including Ron, Hermione and all the others who fought with Harry. In the book none of Harry's friends even glance Voldemort, so seeing them have a nice, though short, look at him as he realizes the whole Ministry will now know he's back is pretty sweet to a long-time reader like myself. :)

Best answers
The Order of the Phoenix was in my opinion by far the best book in the series (so far) and for the most part I left the cinemas feeling rather satisfied.

*SPOILERS*
However I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed in a few respects, I was hoping they would have given Sirius's death a little more emotional weight but in my opinion they only improved it ever so slightly, I agree about the evil house elf (whatever his name is), It seems like he didn't even need to be in the film if they were cutting out his big moment of betrayal (which was one of my favorite parts of the book), the duel scenes were great though, especially in the ministry with the flying tiles to me seems like a slight nod to the Matrix.

And during the struggle within harry's mind, what was with the flashes of Voldemort?, was I the only one that didn't feel reminded of a bad 1980's music video?

Anyway, it did gloss over a whole lot (will they ever do their exams?) but overall it was pretty good.

Best answers
JKR said that no matter what Kreacher HAS to be in the film.
He has a HUGE ROLE to play in Deathly Hallows

My guess is this
BIG SPOILERS:
Well people popularily assume RAB to be Regulus Black and so, if he had taken the locket the one who helped him get it should be someone who'd follow his every instruction. Without question. Kreacher fits the part IMO. But thats just what fans think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why does harry get hot tongue action with some asian chick :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why? lol why? Coz that is story. And yeah, she's good chick. I still didn't watch movie. DAmn! I read the book, but.... GODAMN IT! NO cinema in this ****ing town

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom