hammer laggs after 2-3

Best answers
valve hammer seems to lag a lot after like two or ther compilations of a map... and this was just a simple hallow box nothing elese

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reinstall. I have had many problems with Hammer, and everytime I reinstalled, it was fixed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never EVER had ANY problems with Hammer...ever. Soooo....I dunno....personal mistake maybe? Crappy comp maybe? Not taking care of your comp properly maybe? I dunno. But, do what Opt3h says.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly do you mean by lag?
Compiles take longer than they should? You notice chop when you fly around the level with the camera?
I've never had any problems with Hammer that required a reinstall either. =/
Whatever the cause, if the problem is Hammer itself, reinstalling it will either fix it, or help identify the problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found that once I upgraded my video card that the camera moved a lot smoother (if that's your problem).

Best answers
DragonDude said:
What exactly do you mean by lag?
Compiles take longer than they should? You notice chop when you fly around the level with the camera?
I've never had any problems with Hammer that required a reinstall either. =/
Whatever the cause, if the problem is Hammer itself, reinstalling it will either fix it, or help identify the problem.
no no thats not it, what i mean is that after ive finished compiling, finished running the map, fully exited the game valve hammer starts to use up like 80-90% of my sys resources, though i have a fairly new graphics card and an 850mhz processor... used to run fine a long time ago... this is the best specs i had on my system so i dont think it would be that
edit: beasicly what happens is theres like a 10 secound delay between doing anything... like going to the corner of the compile log to stretch it out... it would be like a few secounds before the "resize" cursor appears... this is what i mean by lagging

Best answers
.... that seems unrealistic for a mapper dont you think? espically when trying to fix things in the map and see if the work...

after closeing the hammer everything works fine

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, you had VHE running WHILE you tested the map? Heh, thats a mistake. That is almost like running two instances of ESF on the same map, etc...

Best answers
yea i had that too until i compile with a compile gui never had to problem again

Best answers
no no... everything during testing the map is fine... the problem is when i exit halflife... and try to use VHE aftwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom