HALOGEN gets cease and desist order...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://halogen.slipstreamproductions.net/
This was a mod that was being developed for C&C Generals Zero Hour, and sadly microsoft has sent the dev team a cease and desist order :(. I was actually looknig forward to this mod too, since other mods for the game I have played weren't really all that great.
Dear Friends,

For the last three years, we've worked incessantly to bring you the best Halo mod that we could. There have been a lot of ups and downs, but somehow Halogen has always managed to come out kicking. The problem with using copyrighted intellectual property as a base for a fan project is that you're very susceptible to legal action. We always figured that since Halogen was such a different take on the Halo franchise, we might manage to make it without incident. That changed today.

Hours ago, we finally recieved the words we've been dreading since the mod started to get noticed. Microsoft has decided that we are infringing on the intellectual property of Bungie Studios and has asked us to stop development on Halogen.

I was going to write a big sappy letter here, but what's the point. So..that's it then, I guess. The forums, site, and Moddb profile will all be shut down within the week. I can't say it hasn't been fun. It's a shame it has to end like this, but I suppose that's how it goes. Thanks, guys, for all the time you've spent supporting us. It's been a pleasure. We hate this as much as you do.

- The Halogen Team

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
http://halogen.slipstreamproductions.net/
This was a mod that was being developed for C&C Generals Zero Hour, and sadly microsoft has sent the dev team a cease and desist order :(. I was actually looknig forward to this mod too, since other mods for the game I have played weren't really all that great.
That's Microsoft for you, especially if it has to do with Halo. This modification looked interesting, too bad it was FOX'd. Hopefully the development team will try making a different modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom