Half-life 2 at E3

Best answers
I don't know if anyone cares or not, but Valve has a playable version of the new Half-life2 gaming engine ready for E3 (Electronic Entertainment Exposition), and it will be the engine that Counter-Strike : Condition Zero and Team Fortress 2 will run off of. Hopefully they will make it backwards compatable mod wise (and knowing valve they will) so we can enjoy Gordon Freeman's new journey and ESF without having to do some fancy installing.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to off-topic.

Also Counter-Strike : Condition Zero is still going to be on the hl engine.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
huh the old one or the new one hsu ??

Best answers
I am guessing Condition Zero will be the downfall to Half-Life.

Lid

L
ur basing that on what? despite peoples beliefs HL is getting bigger, not smaller.

Best answers
i think hl2 will make the second breakthrough.... but i dont know in what... hl1 had scripted sequences, and this made it last long to make good mods and those made it even bigger.

but hl2... what will it have? destroyable terrain like the geomod engine? but with better netcode so it wont be laggish?

or is it only an advancement of the hl1 engine, so more special fx and polygons can be supported? who knows...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope to god HL2 will pwn like HL did. HL was like GAME OF THE YEAR for like 3 years and is still going strong due to all the new mods and mostly cuz of Counter-Strike or as I like to call it Crap-Strike. Anyways, the major thing I am looking forward to is a better engine.
THEY BETTER F***ING KEEP THE SPRAY FEATURE GOD DAMMIT!!!! play 2 spray beotch!

Best answers
i hope they only enhance it extremely for support more polygons and special fx things. not changing the whole engine. and make additions. so you could use the old mods for hl2... that would pwn.... then esf could simply wander to hl2 and go even more beautiful........

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I think they are going to do is make a completely new engine because they will need to keep up with all the new ones like the UT2 and doom 3 engine. They may also try to make it an easy engine to work with so people will still choose it over all the other ones out there to mod because it will be easy.

Best answers
HL 2 can ONLY be good. There is such a small fraction of a chance that things will start to suck. I cant wait for TF2. Even if HL2 and TF2 are 5 years away I'll still buy it. Cuz its gonna own and thats all that matters.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope Valve does good in this, not just because I'd like it and the fans would, but be cause they've had financial difficulty, and they made one of the best FPS, and the last thing any wnast to see is a great company go bankrupt.

Personally I have to agree with Hsu, there gonna make it similer to the first half-life, in the aspect that it'll be easier to make mods then other engines. I also think there gonna do a great job on this.

*EDIT* What are your sources?

checked IGN and on march 31st gamester reported that Half-life 2 would be released sometime this year in germany, its only ready for germans from what I heard, I also read that there are rumours that 2 or 3 years ago Valve had the "unreal Engine" baisicly made, well nto the exact engine but same graphical ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that HL2 won't support mods o_o

:cry: :cry:

Best answers
There would be no point on making it then, cause Mods is what make HL

V'

Best answers
I heard that bill gates is trying to rule the world. Anyways, I think HL2 will be on par or higher with the rest of the "new age" games out there. I wonder though, will it be like your gordan and working for the govt. or are you working as somone else trying to assaniate gordan and the gman.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it'll be a new story, sorta like it'll have links to the first one, but new characters and stuff.

Maybe somthing like this:

You were one of the black ops in the Black Mesa accident but you were dis-honorably discharged after they found out you had a chance to kill Gordan Freeman but you didn't. Anyways you get a new job and 5 years pass, but suddenly portals start opening up all over the world, and Aliens from Xen start there attack. They do massive damage to the world, and you are forced to take up arms and help destroy the Aliens. You head to a military base to get weapons and armor, but then you come across the body of Gordan Freeman who appears to be frozen in a some type of stasis cell. Just as you goto leave the room a portal appears and lightning fires out at you and you are knocked back, a little friend called Alien Slaves jumps out of the portal, yet he is different, bigger, and more powerful. You get in a fire fight with the alien, but your bullets and grenades do nothing to him. He backhands you and you go unconcious. When you ifnally wake up Gordan's body is gone, and so is the alien.

Or somthing like that. Then, well you can tie in alot of informaiton which wsas left open in the first one, and still keep asking questions, like why did they keep his body, and why did the alien take it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far As I know, Condition Zero will run off the HL1 engine. I don't know what this BS about it being run off the HL2 engine is. TF2 I can understand. It's about *** **** time.

I've been Following TF2 ever since I can first remember it being announced. I just hope they finish it soon. Also...I believe that the HL2 engine is totally new. Valve's own creation. And it will pwn a11 u l0z0rZ. And HL2 not supporting Mods would be a death wish for valve.

Best answers
Originally posted by Lid
ur basing that on what? despite peoples beliefs HL is getting bigger, not smaller.
What part of me "guessing" did you not understand?

Half-life 2 also in MY OPINION (based strictly on what I have observed through other games - not fact, opinion.) will follow the Tribes 2 tragedy.

Great Game, but people will be unwilling to give up on the old aspects. ie Tribes 2 had about 200 servers and they are almost all filled with bots. Mods did nothing for me eaither, even shifter and renegades bore me -unlike Tribes 1 mods.

Best answers
This info came from CS-nation and from Shacknews.com. They both said BOTH Counter-strike : condition zero and TF2 will be on this new engine. I would guess this engine is why the gearbox work on Condition Zero was scraped.

Best answers
Gordon's gonna kick more ass baby!

Seph, i've seen loads of Condition Zero trailers and shots, and they're all very HL-looking... are you sure they've changed engines at this point??

HL2 will have to kick ass, or there'll be trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom