Half-life 2 at E3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the hl engine is hardly limited

the only things that are somewhat limted are the max poly limit for models and the map size

which both really dont make much of a difference cause theres easy ways to get around the map size and a good model doesnt need 20 million polys to be decent

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to let you guys know, I don't know if it's such a good idea to post pics of HL2. Numerous sites that have hosted HL2 scans have been shut down. And PlanetHL got a warning for doing so.

*edit: Gman, HL2 is said to be coming out in Sept. this year (Vavle said that) And all this info I got from Pcgamers preview, where they talked to Valve about it.

Valve also said something about making it easy to convert hl1 mods to hl2.

The HL2 game will use something called the "sourse" engi, it will be able to be toned down enough too run on a very good (hl style) PC, it WILL have modding in it *glares at blade* It will come with a full editer for everything (like ut2k3 did) Counter strike CZ uses a moded hl1 engi.

the HL2 Engine will have useable objects (like picking up a metal grate to shield bullets) destroyable things, like wooden plates can be destroyed to make a walkway crumble and stuff, the normall poly count on the peoples models are 5000 the plot is you play Gordon freeman still, after he has gone to work for Gman - info from b4k4^2*

Best answers
the mods of hl will be easily converted into hl2 engine. then you can bring esf to new limits!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
22 days left to E3 this will a nice gaming year...If Valve can get it out in time =)

Hibiki woudn´t it be better with realistic shadows and realtime light instead of the current limitations in that area

V'

Best answers
What is unrealtounrement max modeling pollies?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_Trunks

*edit: Gman, HL2 is said to be coming out in Sept. this year (Vavle said that) And all this info I got from Pcgamers preview, where they talked to Valve about it.
Uh.. I never posted in this topic before?

Anyway, if HL2 isn't moddable that'll be crap. It *has* to be. MUST be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom