Gundam HeavyArms WIP

Best answers
Errr. Well the original plan was to make it ESF compatable. And while i kno how to make the barrels, its a pain in the ass, so i just took the shortcut of cylinders, which happens to be murder on the polygon count. Im already over my limit. :p What I plan on doing is finishing the model, then going back and redoing his machineguns. For now im justmoving on witht he project.

Anyway, i plan on scaling the machine guns since its too big as of now. And, this will be HeavyArms custom, not the original.

http://e.domaindlx.com/Frostic/HeavyArms.bmp

Enjoy :D There will be an update later today or tommoro.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
next time no BMP files, JPG is faster. Make the cilinders less stacks....
now the cilinder has 6 stackes make it 1 stack.... And i dont think thats a esf skeleton

but i think it's ok...

Best answers
>.< sry.

btw this is my first low poly model and my first time using Milkshape. :D i have a update, I'll post it in a few minutes in this post.

Bolteh2

B
so you did highpoly work before?... with what program?

cant be max or anything, cuz if it was, im sure you wouldnr degrade urself to use milkshape...

Best answers
Actually, it was 3dmax. :p

Yes, It's true milkshape is limited. But the tools for low poly modeling is right infront of you, where I struggled too much in max.

And the only highpoly work i did was my cellshaded Robot. :D

Best answers
if you get more intergrated with 3ds max's tools then you model low poly models hella lot easier then milkshape, but i still tip my hat to milkshape users because i cant use it for ****

Best answers
OMG!!!!!
so many polies
:'(
clean up the wasted polies on the barrels

Best answers
Too much work as of now. As i posted previously i plan on doing that toward the end of the project

EDIT: Well i went in, didnt redo but reduced it by 2000 polys. :D. And i can still thin out a bit more.

Double EDIT: Total count, with two arms, 1400. Need to bring it down even more.

Best answers
Im no good at that >.<

Ill post the head tonite, hopefully. I migth be a bit too busy to finish it up, at latest, tommorow. I could use some C & C, not many posts as of late >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i recognise those legs.. pfft, anyways, the barrels, just make them one cylinder, since the tubes can be skinned on, since 1400 polys is average for esf models.. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well
i cant understand much,but from what i do it looks ok
the pics are very jabby so it makes it hard to see the pollys :eek:

Best answers
There jabby cuz its a low jpeg. :p

They told me not to use high res Bitmaps on here no more >.<

The barrel, is now just one cylinder. It just looks more cuz its stretched so bad.

Head started.

Best answers
Im not dead!

Sorry for the double post but no one will see the update from sumthing thats not even on the front page so an edit was useless >.<

Ive had TONS of problems with his head, im gong to have to redo i think. Just too many sketchy places ont he side, it wont be skinnable ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom