GUN CONTROL - I need some help for an assignment

Best answers
hello...
I know this is completley random, lol but I'm doing a class debate... tomorrow and I don't have ANYTHING on pro's for gun control.

I just need to be able to engage in open debate on why gun control is a good thing for about 4 minutes, so if anyone could give me a few reasonale points that would be nice :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you not think up anything for pros? Unless something is broken mentally -> :p <- You should be able to think up at least one pro. I think you are just trying to have us do your homework for you. Just reread the definition of gun control and come up with something.

Best answers
I've thought of the simple stuff, ill go with the immotional approach

-Say you had a child; would you want them walking down the streets with no gun control laws?
-Having the current laws that we do, we're a safe country (I'm from canada by the way) If we changed this, everyone would want a gun, and the already increasing shootings in downtown toronto would get worse.
-Gangs would have easier access, extremley dangerous etc...

I just need other things that i cannot really think of

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
You could use the Columbine Shootings and all other events of the kind as prime examples of what happens without gun control. That should pad your debate out a bit.

And I wouldn't be worried, I have yet to heard a sane negative to gun control..

Protecting your family - The biggest danger to a family is a family member who takes to wielding a gun at the first sign of danger. Get a tazer if you have to protect the family, AKs aren't for the home. O_O

Protecting yourself - Say someone pulls a gun in the middle of the street; having a gun of your own might sound smart but consider this: possessing a gun only serves to make you the primary target, especially if you aren't prepared to kill another human being (and lets face it, who of us is?)

.. And thats pretty much it. Those are the two more sane reasons for possessing a gun and even they're pretty weak. So dont worry. :D

Best answers
Sick, those are just the 2 things i needed for my debate points to be complete. thanks man

Best answers
all that safeness crap is just bs man. You cant ban guns forever cuz eventually someone WILL get a gun no matter what so why bother? THe reason im for it is cuz im a big ol Texan. Right to protect your home, yourself, and or your family. Now you got all these ppl that are like o noo ban guns cuz killings will increase! Well guess what, ppl wont kill with guns they will kill with baseball bats, wrenches, and other hard sharp objects! So why is the focus all about guns anyway? Hell i can kill someone just as easily with a car. I bet you anything in the future they are going to ban cars from being made cuz its too dangerous and we need to be a "safe" country psh ya right... :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is your classification of "pro".

but even if i were to understand your meaning, someone would've said the same thing i am to say in the future.

Best answers
"Gun control is for wimps, and communists.. besides.. Guns don't kill people.. I do." (UHF)--on a side note.. Gun Control only allows the criminals to have weapons.

KyoKusanagi

K
"We don't need gun control - what we need is bullet control. Make every bullet like $5000 so when someone gets filled with 18 bullets you can tell they really deserved it.

When bullets are $5000 theres no such thing as innocent bystanders and people will really think twice about shooting you. e.g. If i had $5000 i would shoot you so im gonna get a job take out a loan put the bullets on layby and shoot you in a year or two." - Chris Rock

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
"We don't need gun control - what we need is bullet control. Make every bullet like $5000 so when someone gets filled with 18 bullets you can tell they really deserved it.

When bullets are $5000 theres no such thing as innocent bystanders and people will really think twice about shooting you. e.g. If i had $5000 i would shoot you so im gonna get a job take out a loan put the bullets on layby and shoot you in a year or two." - Chris Rock
If you're not actually going to <i>help</i> the guy, then don't post.

He said he needed the information by today? Well, it is today.

- Closed

lies that is too helping

(OptiPrime) Yes, I'm sure if he used that quote in his debate
(OptiPrime )he would get A+++++

-hib

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom