Guldo Wip

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anything it looks like the original ESF Guldo model...he used the pic posted above as a reference...
That isnt allowed too as far as I know, considered as cloning. =o

Best answers
so do you mean that this model is ilegal or something... or you are just jelous... so what should i do now ? delete it or edit it that it wont look like guldo... i can post my guldo pic and you can use it like ref if you want....
anyways drawovers are used like refs sometimes... and it doesnt mean that you are cloning someone :S

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Relax man =P I'm not sure if im jelous...I was just saying that cloning isnt allowed as far as I know.
Drawovers are given to a person or the public from free will, I didnt see a post saying you can use the ESF models as refs, besides, everyone know it isnt right.

You dont have to delete your work but cloning someone elses model and then posing it for the public to see isnt really proper.

But no offence, it's clear that you used this picture as a reference:

Best answers
yep i used it and i dont say that i didnt.... but there are many models around here which are similar and noone says that they are cloning.... btw i think people cloned a18 but no one did something about it....
BTW skinis diferent so it changes everything...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
how does it not look like guldo?
just take a look at the renders than at the refs ravendust posted
guldo is just wider , much much wider he is like a little ball with a head..
btw, ravendust you're da man, looking up refs and all to help others..:yes:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok lets clear up a few things shall we.
but there are many models around here which are similar and noone says that they are cloning.
Look around.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=63771

Ryokeen only recently started to model, he started his first one using the ESF Gohan picture as a reference, check this thread and you'll see that it's pretty much the same as you did.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=63932

Only he took himself with no arguments and started a new model using different refs that arent made from artists in here.
And he's doing quite well so far.

And I dont think people cloned 18...I would have seen it if it had been posted here.

BTW skinis diferent so it changes everything...
Cloning is cloning my friend, the texture doesnt change the mesh.
Besides, your skin is a little similar to the original one.

I'm not here to upset you or anything I'm just pointing out the facts =/ you can keep working on it if you want of course, that is untill a mod will have a say in this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh and DBZhell... take a look at some of vegetto's models.. he has absolutely no reason to be jealous.. he jsut has more experience than you i geuss.. and what you did is take a model that exists and use that a ref, its basicly cloning because you take the proportions and shape from someone who worked hard to achieve that, however i think it should be allowed seeing as many people do this when they have to remodel a game-character, seeing as there are no refs for it except for 3D model renders and in-game screens..

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Shady.
I think if he really wants to, he can find good refs on the net as Ravendust did and base his model on those, just like Eclipse did when modeling his Guldo.

Yes, not always front and side refs a available but thats how it goes...you cant have it easy all the time =P

Best answers
but it is done... so i cant help you with it :) anyway super veggeto really has more experiance than me and i respect him and his work....

Best answers
I like it, looks great!

Keep up the good work man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom